- 1 lb Green Beans
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
This is a simple dish that can feed a crowd easily, you can use fresh green beans or frozen for this recipe. If you are using frozen, make sure to defrost them prior to placing in the oven. Green beans are one of my favorite vegetables, especially in the summer. We often pick up bunches from the local farmers market, and prepare them with a little butter and seasonings. I thought why not try something different, and then my new favorite way to eat green beans came about. These roasted green beans are excellent served as a side dish that is perfect for any holiday meal or any meal rather. The panko bread crumbs and parmesan cheese give these greens something extra special, you might even see the little ones asking for more. Yup they’re that good, crispy and cheesy on the the outside with a tender sweet center. Who ever thought green beans could be the highlight of a meal. Enjoy!
When green beans are not in season, I like to use the frozen kind for this recipe!
To make the parmesan crusted green beans:
- Wash and dry your green beans and pat dry.
- Place them in a bowl, season with salt and pepper and garlic powder.
- Drizzle olive oil overtop and mix in your panko bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Pre-heat your oven to 4oo degrees and place your green beans on the middle baking rack.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes. and then turn once.
- Return to oven to bake another 10 minutes.
- Serve warm, enjoy!
Note: You can serve them with lemon squeezed over top also.
What do I have to do to get the Canadian Cooking Adventures team to eat their beans? Simple bake them in cheese 🙂 of course.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe id love to hear about it! You can post a review, picture below or via Instagram and let me know how it turned out. And by doing so you will be automatically entered into our seasonal CONTEST to win one of our great prizes. Winner will be notified via email within a week after the contest closes. Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox every Month!