Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah! If you have not tried Elf Cookies you are in for a treat.
Right about now, Santa is up in the North Pole working hard in his workshop to ensure all the good boys and girls receive their toys on time.
These cookies are very similar to the cookies Mrs. Claus would serve the Elves in Santa’s workshop during the Christmas season.
Mrs. Claus is baking up the most delicious foods that will help to sustain everyone during this busy time of year. Ever wonder how the elves get their energy? It’s by eating elf cookies of course.
Not only are these cookies super moist and tasty they’re also very healthy for you.
Packed full of antioxidants, from the The Matcha powder which also known to enhance a calming effect because of the amino acid L-Theanine, which helps with the production of dopamine and serotonin.
These two chemicals serve to enhance mood, improve memory, and promote better concentration something that can benefit everyone! This offers just the right amount of sustainable energy that helps to keep the elves going all night long. Serve with a light cream cheese topping, and some green sprinkles, just make sure you allow the cookies to fully cool down before hand. Otherwise the cream topping will melt and drip down the cookie.
We hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
Wishing you and yours a joyful, peaceful and warm, holiday season!
Serve them with a pre-made or homemade whipped cream frosting!
Super easy to make, you can have these done in under 30 minutes.
Notes: Make sure the cookies are completely cooled, before placing the whip cream topping on.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox every Month!
- 1 stick Butter
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 2 tbsp Green tea, Matcha powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Avacado
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 3 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Eggs
- pinch Salt
- 1 cup Whipped Cream Frosting
- Green Sprinkles
- Add the room temperature butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl, whip till creamy.
- Gently incorporate the eggs to the butter mixture one at a time.
- In a separate bowl, sift together all the dry ingredients.
- Next add the avocados, to the butter/sugar/egg mixture and mash them.
- Add the vanilla extract and maple syrup, mix again.
- Add in all your dry ingredients slowly and blend till smooth.
- Using a large ice cream scoop, scoop out the dough onto a non stick baking tray or line it with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until the bottom is solid and browned.
- Allow the cookies to completely cool before icing and adding any sprinkles.