T’was the night before Christmas, when all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse. And that’s because the mice know that these cookies are for Santa and his reindeer.
I just love Macadamia Nuts and putting them in cookies is Amazing.
Plus these are Santa’s favorite cookies, so make sure save some for him too.
There are various recipes online that claim to be the best, I have tried a few. I have also tried a few from cookbooks and magazines that I have in my library. I’ve come up with this recipe that makes the best large chewy cookies that everyone is sure to love.
HOW TO MAKE White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
The key is the ingredient ratio; along with using butter and shortening in the recipe. So be sure to follow this one to a tea and you will be sure to have the best cookies this time of year.
Christmas is just right around the corner, so I am getting my holiday baking done early this time. That way I have plenty of time to do all the other things that are at hand.
These cookies are simple to make and really go well with a cup of milk, rather rumor has it.
These White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies are one of Santa’s favorite cookies.
So if you leave them by the chimney this Christmas he may leave behind something extra special for the baker. Wishing you and your’s a wonderful and very merry Christmas.
Super easy to make, you can have these done in under 30 minutes.
Notes: After cookies are completely cooled, place in airtight container or plastic freezer bag. Keep the dough refrigerated if you are going to be making these in batches.
Don’t forget to leave them by the fireplace with a glass of milk for Santa.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox every Month!
- 1/2 cup Shortening
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 2 1/2 cups All purpose flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Macadamia nuts
- 1 cup White chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Add your butter, shortening, white sugar, brown sugar in a large mixing bowl and cream together till combined.
- Beat in your eggs and then add in the vanilla extract.
- Add in all your dry ingredients and mix till combined.
- Add in your white chocolate and macadamia nuts, mix till combined.
- Using a ice cream or cookie scoop, scoop the dough out onto a nonstick baking pan or a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- With your hand flatten each cookie down just a bit to create a circle.
- Bake for 9 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow them to cool down on the baking sheets before serving. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 18
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 340Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 398mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 4g