Hello friends, Canada day is just right around the corner and i’m so excited!!
This is by far my favorite time of year, people are out and about enjoying the nicer weather and community events are happening everywhere.
And the biggest celebration of the year besides New Years is about to happen. I wanted to create something special for my guests that are coming over in the next few days.
So I decided to take the typically a red velvet cake to a new level and created four of these decadent red velvet parfaits that highlight the red and white colours of our flag.
These parfaits are just perfect for Canada day, however they can also be made for Valentines day to. A super simple to make dessert that is sure to impress any guests you may be serving this too.
To make this you will want to start by washing and putting the cherries.
Once that is done you will want to bake the cake, cool it and cube it.
You can prepare the Whipped Cream Cream Cheese Frosting by whipping the whipped cream to stiff peaks.
Then in another bowl make the cream cheese frosting.
Once those two have been whisked you will fold both the mixtures together which will create the most tasty Whipped Cream Cream Cheese Frosting that will be placed into the parfits.
Fresh lambert cherries, red velvet cake and a decadent whipped cream cheese frosting is what makes these so special.
I used a easy to bake red velvet cake mix where i just added eggs, water and oil. Of course you can make your red velvet from scratch if you have a favorite one in mind.
- 1 Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 2 cups Fresh Lambert cherries
WHIPPED CREAM CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 500 ml Whipped cream
- 1 package Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- Start by washing and putting the cherries.
- Then bake your red velvet cake.
- Once the cake has baked allow it to cool before slicing it into small cubes.
- MAKING THE WHIPPED CREAM CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- In a medium sized bowl using a hand held mixer beat the whipped cream till stiff peaks form, then set aside.
- In a large bowl (make sure it's more warm than cold) add in the room temperature cream cheese,, sugar and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth, then add to the whipped cream and mix all together.
- FILLING THE GLASS
- Start by placing 3-4 pieces of the cubed cake into the bottom of the glass, then top with 5-6 cherries.
- Next top with the cream cheese frosting and repeat once more, top with the cream cheese frosting and one cherry on top. Serve immediately! Or place in the fridge and serve the next day chilled. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 959Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 131mgSodium: 298mgCarbohydrates: 151gFiber: 3gSugar: 137gProtein: 8g