- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 Tilapia Fillets
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 8 Warm flour or corn tortillas
- Pico De Gallolinks in the directions
- Lime (juice)
I picked up a few fresh Tilapia fillets yesterday to make these super simple fish tacos. I would not recommend using frozen fish for this recipe, you are looking for a few fresh fillets here. The fresher the better, which will produce a moist and flaky fish taco. You can also substitute the tilapia for another white fish such as halibut or cod. In our house this recipe is enjoyed more often than any other taco recipe. It’s that good guys, amo los tacos mexicanos!
These fish tacos are so darn delicious, pair them with fresh homemade “pico de gallo” and you can’t get a tastier or healthier fish tacos if you ask me. What is pico de gallo? It’s Mexican salsa y’all and it goes great with just about any type of mexican food. Also don’t forget to squeeze some fresh lime juice over top the fish at the end, this really helps the flavors to pop.
This recipe can feed roughly 4 people, so if it’s just the two of you dining tonight then there certainly will be some leftovers. If your wanting to feed more people, simply double up the recipe with our easy to use recipe adjuster above. This recipe is super easy to prepare, all you are doing is a little prep work that takes less than 15 minutes.
To make the Fish Tacos:
If you are serving this with homemade “pico de gallo” salsa. Make the salas one hour ahead of time, it’s best let the salsa marinate for a minimum of 20 minutes. See recipe here for: Homemade Pico De GALLO
- Rinse and pat dry the fish fillets.
- In a small bowl add all the spices together and rub on all sides of the fish.
- Heat a large non stick skillet over medium heat then add 1 tbsp of olive oil and the fish.
- Fry on each side for 4 minutes till cooked.
- Remove from the heat, and with a fork gently flake apart.
- Season with a bit more salt to taste and then remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same frying pan, heat a little bit more oil and fry the corn tortillas on both sides till browned.
- Spoon some “pico de gallo” salsa on top the tortilla shell or top with avocado, tomatoes, cilantro etc
- Drizzle with a little lime juice, then serve and enjoy!
NOTE: This fish can be served in burritos, tacos, and or over rice with beans.
Looking for an Mexican Salsa recipe? Check out my two favorite recipes for Pico De Gallo below
- Pico De Gallo this goes great with these tacos.
- Cabbage Pico De Gallo this also goes great with these tacos.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! You can post a review, picture below or via Instagram and let me know how it turned out. And by doing so you will be automatically entered into our seasonal CONTEST to win one of our great prizes. Winner will be notified via email within a week after the contest closes. Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
PIN IT FOR LATER