I picked up a few fresh Tilapia fillets yesterday to make these Easy Tilapia Fish Tacos tonight for the fam.
HOW TO MAKE TILAPIA FISH TACOS
- I would not recommend using frozen fish for this recipe, you are looking for a few fresh fillets here.
- The fresher the better, which will produce a moist and flaky fish taco.
- This type of fish can also be served in burritos, tacos, and or over rice with beans.
- You can also substitute the tilapia for another white fish such as halibut or cod.
In our house this recipe is enjoyed more often than any other taco recipe.
These tasty tacos can be pulled together in less than 15 minutes.
Making for a super quick and tasty dinner option.
Just make sure to make the “pico de gallo” ahead of time.
Whichever tickles your fancy!
It’s that good guys, amo los tacos mexicanos!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH TILAPIA
- Jasmine or Basmati rice
- Vegetable of your liking
These fish tacos are so darn delicious, pair them with fresh homemade “pico de gallo” and you can’t get a tastier or healthier fish tacos if you ask me.
WHAT IS PICO DE GALLO
It’s Mexican salsa y’all and it goes great with just about any type of mexican food.
Also don’t forget to squeeze some fresh lime juice over top the fish at the end, this really helps the flavors to pop.
This recipe can feed roughly 4 people, so if it’s just the two of you dining tonight then there certainly will be some leftovers.
If your wanting to feed more people, simply MAKE more by doubling the ingredients!
Super easy to prepare too, all you are doing is a little prep work that takes less than 15 minutes.
If your wanting to serve this with the same “pico de gallo” salsa you see in the picture here.
Be sure to make the salsa one hour ahead of time, as it’s best to let the salsa marinate which enhances it’s flavors.
Check out my two favorite recipes for Pico De Gallo below you will serious love them!
- Pico De Gallo this goes great with these tacos.
- Cabbage Pico De Gallo this also goes great with these tacos.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you make this recipe, I would love to hear about it! You can leave a 5 star review in the comments below! Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 Tilapia Fillets
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 Warm flour or corn tortillas
- Pico De Gallo
- Lime, juice
- Start by rinsing and pat dry the fish fillets.
- Then in a small bowl add all the spices together and rub on all sides of the fish.
- In a large non stick skillet heat some cooking ou over medium heat then add the fish fillets. Fry on each side for 4 minutes till cooked.
- Remove from the heat, and with a fork gently flake apart.
- Season with a bit more salt to taste and then remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same frying pan, heat a little bit more oil and fry the corn tortillas on both sides till browned.
- Spoon some "pico de gallo" salsa on top the tortilla shell or top with avocado, tomatoes, cilantro etc. Drizzle with a little lime juice, then serve. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1128Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 221mgCarbohydrates: 196gFiber: 8gSugar: 1gProtein: 60g
Looking for another way to make Fish Tacos? Try my Blackened Tilapia Fish Tacos