I just love these crispy herb crusted salmon fillets, not only are they super delicious there also super healthy for you and easy to make.
That is why I love home cooking, because you can make healthy home cooked meals from scratch.
Such as this tasty fish and feel satisfied knowing exactly what is going into your meal.
I used to occasional buy those pre boxed fish, you know what I’m talking about?
Those frozen battered kinds in the freezer section at every grocery store.
Well those days are over.., and i think if you try this recipe. You will feel the same way too!
Even though I am a food blogger, I can admit that their is some recipes that do intimate me.
And i guess it is because I have never tried to make them. But being a food blogger I get to have a few trial and errors before I share my winning recipe with you all.
And that is how this recipe, came to be.
Over the years though, I have developed much more confidence to tackle almost any type of recipes. Such as homemade breaded fish!
Doesn’t this look 100% better than any store bought or boxed breaded fish?
And so much healthier too I bet.
HOW TO BREAD FISH
It’s as simple as emptying 1 package of extra crispy shake and bake into a shallow bowl.
Along with 1 cup of panko bread crumbs, brown sugar and seasonings.
Then coat the salmon fillets before baking at 400 degrees f for 15 minutes then that is it.
This super flaky and moist salmon dinner is ready to be served with your favorite vegetable such as sauteed kale and a fresh lemon wedge of course.
This is the kind of shake n bake that I use for this recipe!
Place onto a non stick pan and your good to GO!
Serve alongside your favorite vegetable and you will will have one healthy and tasty meal!
You can’t go wrong with this simple yet flavorful dish that is sure to make you a salmon lover for life.
As with any of my recipes, you can adjust the serving size above to reflect the number of people you are cooking for.
I’m thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! Thank you and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
- 4 Salmon Fillets
- 1/2 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 package Kraft Extra Crispy Shake N Bake
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp Parsley
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Lemon
- 1 bunch Kale
- Start by rinsing your salmon and leaving it a bit moist, so it enabled the crust to stick.In a large dish, empty one package of Original Shake n Bake and 1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs. Then add in all your spices, mixing everything till combined
- Add your salmon to the dish one at a time, and coat it completely in the seasoning. Turn over the fish and repeat.
- The place the fish on your non stick baking tray, "if it's not none stick" lightly spray with cooking oil". With the remaining herbs place on top the fish to create a 1/2 inch crust on top.
- Bake at 400 f for 10 - 20 minutes depending on how well done you like your fish.
- Once your fish is cooked, serve immediately with your side of choice and lemon wedge. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 703 Total Fat: 33g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 22g Cholesterol: 159mg Sodium: 441mg Carbohydrates: 42g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 28g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 58g