Looking for Authentic Greek Potatoes, then look no further because you just found it here with my “Easy Greek Potatoes”.
Greek Potatoes are absolutely delicious on their own or served as a side dish to any Greek meal.
I’m super excited to share this recipe with you today.
I for one am not a huge potato fan.
And that is probably because I grew up on steak and potatoes and found them to be bland without butter and sour cream.
But once I tried these potatoes, I have forever been changed.
These potatoes are to die for and will have just about anyone saying OPA!
WHAT IS IN GREEK POTATOES
Greek potatoes are made with olive oil, garlic, chicken stock, and lemon juice.
Then they are spiced with oregano and rosemary.
These potatoes, it can’t get any better or more traditional than this.
They will have you saying, OPA!
Greek Potatoes go with just about any type of meal and are super delicious on their own as well.
However my favorite thing to serve with them is Greek Chicken and Greek Salad.
Come to think about it, I need to make a Greek Salad for this site soon!
In the meanwhile, this lady makes a good Greek Salad! Go check it out!
You can go ahead and make this recipe as a whole meal by also serving this with Greek Chicken and a side salad if desired.
WHAT DO GREEK POTATOES TASTE LIKE
These potatoes come out so soft, moist and super tasty!
Hints of chicken stock and garlic and rosemary shine!
Oh yeah that makes for a delicious plate of potatoes!
Serve with my homemade TZATZIKI sauce and you will be in Greek food heaven very soon.
LOOKING FOR SOME RECIPES THAT WOULD GO WELL WITH THESE POTATOES?
Will you give this recipe a go? You can rate this recipe by posting a review below, I would love to hear from you. Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen.
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
- 3 lbs Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 3 cups Chicken Broth, Salted
- 1/3 cup Olive oil
- 2 tbsp of Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Fresh Rosemary
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Dry Oregano
- 1 tsp White Pepper
- Start by cleaning off your potatoes and slice them into fours.
- Seasoning with salt and pepper, rosemary, oregano, garlic powder and olive oil.
- Drizzle the potatoes with 3 tbsp of olive oil and then pour in one cup of chicken stock "make sure not to pour over the potatoes" and bake in a oven safe dish at 425 f for 45 minutes, till tender.
- After 30 minutes, flip over your potatoes and add in the lemon juice and remaining chicken stock.
- Bake for the remaining 15 minutes.
- Once cooked, toss and spoon your stock over the potatoes and then place under the broiler for about 5 minutes till lightly browned. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 333Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 485mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 6gSugar: 4gProtein: 7g