This easy 3 ingredient Steak marinade is made with simple ingredients that makes for the most easy and tasty steak that everyone is sure to enjoy!
HOW TO COOK THE PERFECT STEAK
- You must not forget the marinade, marinade that steak for 45 minutes prior on the counter with kosher salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Now the trick to cooking the best steak is to use ample butter when searing it.
- Also you are going to be searing the steak on a high heat while it cooks.
- Using a cast iron skillet is highly recommended.
- Then the second trick is to season the steak generously on both sides prior to cooking with salt, pepper and drizzling olive oil all over.
- If you follow those three tips you are sure to prepare the best steaks.
When it comes to the steak cut you use. That is important too, the better the quality and cut of meat. The better the steak also.
3 ingredients Steak Marinade
BUTTER, ROSEMARY AND FRESH MINCED GARLIC
Seasoned with salt and pepper and garlic powder also if desired
WHAT CUT OF STEAK FOR A GREAT STEAK
The cut I used for this recipe was Strip loin.
WHERE DOES THE STRIP LOIN STEAK COME FROM
The strip comes from the loin from a cow.
HOW TO SEASON STRIP LOIN STEAK
Season the steak on both sides with kosher salt and pepper.
Then drizzle olive oil all over the steak and allow it to marinade on the counter top for 45 minutes prior to cooking.
Prior to cooking add the butter all around and sear on high heat to cook.
The other steak cuts I like to use for this recipe are:
- Fillet or Strip
These steak can be served rare, medium rare or medium well done.
- Strip steak is best served medium rare, in order to cook it that way you will want to sear it for 4-7 minutes on one side then flip it over once and sear it for another 3 minutes on the other.
- If you prefer your steak medium done, then you will want to sear it for 5-8 minutes on one side and 3-4 on the other.
- And always let your steak sit off the heat for 5 minutes to rest before serving!
These steaks are something I like to treat myself to at least once per month. I mean you could always go to an expensive steakhouse and order something similar to this dish and pay triple the price.
Or make them at home for a fraction of the price and have it served on the table in no time at all.
This recipe works very well served alongside some Sauteed Asparagus.
Steak cooking times vary based on the cut: Always cook your steak over medium-high heat, searing it on each side only once.
Turning the steak often sometimes leads to a overcooked and tough steak.
- Sirloin Steak: Cook for 6-7 minutes on one side and 4-5 on the other for a medium rare steak. Up the cooking time by one minute to have a medium steak.
- Ribeye: Cook for 5-6 minutes on one side and 3 on the other for a medium rare steak
- Fillet or Strip: Cook for 4-5 minutes on one side and 3 on the other for a medium rare steak
- T-Bone: Cook for 8-10 minutes on one side and 4-5 on the other for a medium rare steak
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this, I want to see! Follow Canadian Cooking Adventures Instagram, snap a photo, and tag and hashtag it with @canadiancookingadventures and #canadiancookingadventures.
- 2 Strip Loin Steaks
- 6 tbsp Butter
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tbsp of Rosemary
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Start by marinating the steak on the counter for 45 minutes prior to cooking.
- Marinade the steak by seasoning it on both sides with kosher salt, pepper and 3 tbsp melted butter.
- Place a cast iron skillet on the burner and turn it to a high heat.
- Add 3 tbsp of butter - divided to the pan then add the steaks on top.
- Then add the remaining butter to the sides of the steaks and sear the steaks on high heat for ruffly 7-8 minutes or until they have developed a crust.
- Flip the steaks over and sear on the other side anywhere from 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the steaks and allow them to sit on a plate, covered with tin foil to retain the heat.
- Meanwhile add 1 tsp butter to the cast iron pan, Turn off the heat and add the minced garlic and rosemary.
- Saute till fragrant ruffly one minute and pour over the steaks prior to serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 470Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 1231mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 3gSugar: 0gProtein: 23g
These calculations are based off Nutritionix