This Seafood Boil Butter Sauce recipe starts with a homemade onion, garlic butter sauce that is served with steamed crab legs, hard boiled eggs, shrimp and potatoes. You can pull this all together in under 3o minutes!
Want to try another seafood sauce? You are sure to enjoy my Lobster Butter sauce recipe too!
If you love seafood but want to elevate the regular garlic butter sauce to a rich butter dipping sauce then your going to want to try this recipe!
You can also add corn on the cob to this boil if desired or other seafood such as mussels, lobster etc.
Serve with fresh lemon wedges which make the seafood flavors pop!
WHAT IS SEAFOOD BOIL SAUCE MADE OF
Butter and Chicken stock along with fresh onions, garlic and special mix of seasonings
You can omit the chicken stock if desired, however it will be less healthy as butter does have allot of fats.
But to each there own! Make it as you wish 🙂
HOW TO MAKE SEAFOOD BOIL SAUCE
- You can use all butter or half it as I like to do with the addition of chicken stock
- Then you are going to want to slice some fresh onions and chop some garlic and sauté it in butter alone
- Start with the onions and add the minced garlic in once the onions are soft and cooked well
- Toss in the spices and chicken stock if desired and simmer for 5 mins to serve
SEAFOOD BOIL SEASONING
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Lemon pepper
- 1 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp Red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp Chili powder
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Cajun
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp lemon juice
SEAFOOD BOIL SAUCE FOR EGGS
This sauce can be made just for hard boil eggs too!
WHAT DOES SEAFOOD BOIL SAUCE TASTE LIKE
It is buttery, garlicy sauce that can be made more sweet than spicy or spicy than sweet with hints of salt and lemon juice for a rounded flavor.
My recipe here has a balance of all these flavors. If you want it more sweet, simply add more brown sugar or more spicy add more Cajun or Cayenne pepper to the sauce during cooking it.
WHERE CAN I BUY BLOVES SAUCE?
Bloves sauce first made it’s debut at bloveslife on youtube. A woman who loves seafood boils started it all and created her mix of spices that can be added to any butter sauce. The
Bloves sauce mix is now available to purchase at most Walmart stores and on Amazon.
IS SEAFOOD BOIL SAUCE KETO
Yes, butter is keto as the rest of the ingredients
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this, I want to see! Follow Canadian Cooking Adventures Instagram, snap a photo, and tag and hashtag it with @canadiancookingadventures and #canadiancookingadventures.
Stay connected and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram for all of my latest recipes!
Inspired by: Bloveslife Seafood Boils
500 grams of crab legs
300 grams large shrimp
4 eggs, hard boiled
2 medium potatoes, diced into fours
2 large onions, sliced
4 oz Unsalted Butter
1/2 cup of low sodium chicken stock
5 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp Lemon pepper
1 tbsp Cajun
1 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
1 tbsp Red pepper flakes
1 tbsp Paprika
1 tsp Cayenne pepper
1 tsp Chili powder
- Start by melting the butter in a large pot and then toss in some sliced onions
- Meanwhile, boil 4 eggs till hard. Place them in a bath of cold water and peel immediately to remove the shells. Set aside!
- Continue to sauté the onions till translucent and slightly browned then toss the minced garlic and sauté 1 min before adding in all the spices
- Add in the chicken stock, Worcestershire sauce along with diced potatoes and simmer till potatoes are tender. Roughly 10 minute's!
- Meanwhile, steam your crab legs according to package instructions as times vary from raw vs frozen.
- Lastly, add raw shrimp, cooked peeled eggs and steamed crab legs.
- Mix all together and simmer for 5 mins before turning off the heat and squeeze in the lemon juice.
- Enjoy with steamed seafood.
Make as spicy or sweet as you prefer
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 858Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 629mgSodium: 4582mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 6gSugar: 12gProtein: 70g
These calculations are based off Nutritionix