This Creamy Lobster Butter Sauce is made simmered in lobster shells, and lobster meat for extra flavor, butter, cream, parmesan cheese and a few simple seasonings.
Lobster Butter Sauce is creamy and serves well over just about any type of pasta.
Looking for a pasta recipe to go along with this sauce? Try my Lobster Pappardelle Pasta which actually uses this sauce for that recipe. Or my Red Lobster Sauce recipe which is exactly like this sauce with the addition of Italian seasonings and pureed tomatoes.
IS LOBSTER BUTTER SAUCE GLUTEN FREE
Depends on the sauce. My recipe here is gluten free.
IS LOBSTER BUTTER SAUCE HEALTHY
Yes, it has excellent protein in it from the lobster. However if you are on a low calories diet you may want to use only half a cup of cream and swap the other half cup for seafood stock.
WHAT DOES LOBSTER BUTTER SAUCE TASTE LIKE
If you have ever been to Red Lobster and order a lobster tail with butter on the side. This sauce will remind you of just that with the addition of cream, garlic and cheese.
Honestly, two steaks could cost more than this recipe. Even though its Lobster this recipe does not have to break the bank.
I actually picked up two pre cooked frozen Lobsters for $10 a piece. So making this sauce costs around 20$ dollars and we all know adding pasta to it is not that expensive at all. Enjoy!
HOW TO MAKE LOBSTER BUTTER SAUCE
(RED MEANS THERE COOKED)
NOTE: You can either use whole lobsters or canned lobster meat whichever you prefer.
- If your using whole lobsters. You will want 2 for this recipe, previous cooked is best as it is much easier and quicker.
- Start by defrosting the lobsters if you bought them frozen for a day in the fridge.
- If your cooking from fresh poach the lobster in water, bring a pot of water to a boil for 4-6 minutes or until firm.
- After it is cooked, carefully remove from the pot and allow it to cool down before removing the meat.
- Remove the meat using a large knife & kitchen scissors to break it apart.
- Keep the shells as well to add additional flavor to the lobster butter sauce that your going to make. The goal is to remove all the meat that will be added to the Lobster butter sauce for cooking.
- Once the pasta and butter sauce cooked. (SEE BUTTER SAUCE RECIPE BELOW)
- Plate the pasta then pour the lobster butter sauce overtop
- Garnish with fresh lemons and parsley.
LOBSTER BUTTER SAUCE
- The sauce is made from the lobster shells that are first simmered in heavy cream.
- Once that has simmered you will remove the shells and season with parmesan cheese, garlic, lemon juice and seasonings.
- This Lobster butter sauce can be served over spaghetti, fettuccini or really any type of pasta.
- And is a super simple dish to make yet elegant enough to serve someone for an anniversary or special occasions as such!
- There really is no special skill required either to make this fancy dish.
- If you know how to boil pasta and add sauce to that, along with bake a lobster then you will be in business.
Lobster Butter Sauce
Serve over your favorite pasta!
- 2 precooked lobsters - DEFROSTED
- 400 grams of pappardelle pasta
- 1 cup of cream
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 4 tbsp of butter
- 1 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
LOBSTER BUTTER SAUCE
- In a medium sized sauce pan add the olive oil, butter and minced garlic SAUTE TILL FRAGRENT.
- Next add in the lobster shells and chopped lobster pieces along with heavy cream and ALL THE seasonings.
- Simmer on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove the shells with tongs, then add in the parmesan cheese.
- Once the pasta and sauce has cooked.
- Merge the two and serve with fresh lemons and garnish with parsley.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1048Total Fat: 72gSaturated Fat: 44gTrans Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 461mgSodium: 1200mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 42g
These calculations are based off Nutritionix