Are you looking for a simple rice dish that can serve as a meal? Then look no further than this Cilantro Lime Rice with Black Beans.
This dish can be enjoyed on it’s own as it is packed full of protein and flavors that you’re sure to enjoy.
Traditionally this recipe is served with some fresh squeeze lime juice, today I had lemons on hand.
I’ve tried both methods and honestly, I can hardly tell the difference.
So i encourage you to try both lemons and limes and decide what flavor suits you most.
Also you want to make sure you are using “frozen corn” vs canned.
Canned just does not work well for this dish.
However, you can use fresh corn on the cob if you have on hand.
This dish can be served with just about any type of meal, Mexican or not.
Think pork, steak or fish type dishes.
I have provided some tasty options that would go really well alongside this rice dish.
You will find those recipes below!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you make this recipe, I would love to hear about it! You can leave a 5 star review in the comments below! Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
- 2 cups of Jasmine rice
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- 1 can of black beans, strained and drained
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 5 tbsp of fresh Cilantro
- 2 tbsp of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- In a large pot or dutch oven add the chicken stock, uncooked rice along with all the seasonings.
- Bring to a boil and then turn it down to low to medium heat and summer coveted for 15 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Once the rice has cooked, add in the black beans, frozen corn and fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- Saute all together on low heat till the beans and corn is hot.
- Squeeze in the fresh lemon juice and mix all together with the fresh chopped cilantro.
You can always use fresh squeezed lime juice instead of lemon.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 148Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 1007mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 6g