This Air Fried Panko Chicken produces a super tasty and crispy chicken with a hint of spice that your going to love.
IS AIR FRYER CHICKEN KETO?
Most are, however this recipe does call for panko breadcrumbs so no.
HOW TO AIR FRY PANKO CHICKEN
- It is easy, you will want to start by marinating the chicken pieces in buttermilk anywhere from 30 minutes to 4 hours. I like to buy a whole chicken when it is on sale and from their will butcher my own chicken to make this recipe.
- Then once the chicken has marinaded you will shake off the excess milk and toss that chicken in your seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- Place in the air fryer with some olive oil or 2 tbsp of oil of your choosing and wulla.
- Your panko air fried chicken will cook very well for you.
WHAT IS AIR FRYING?
Air frying is a healthy alternative to deep frying food. And most air fryers have been marketed in a way to make you think that this cooking technique is best for those who make a lot of those at home.
Well I am here to tell you that you do not need to just be a deep fried food lover to want to use this cooking method. RATHER if you love to bake food, then this is also a great alternative. And in most cases is much healthier than traditional baking methods.
Because air frying mimics deep fried foods but uses little to no oil. And if your cooking something fatty, the fat will drip away and off the food.
So you can enjoy all the same deep – fried or baked foods that we have all come to know and love again but in a healthy way.
The air hot air is what cooks the food not the oil. If you have some frozen foods on hand, feel free to throw out any deep fryer you may have because the air fryer can now do the same job.
But it is not only frozen food that can be cooked this way, pretty much any food you can think of can.
If you like slightly crispy chicken with a hint of spice, then you’re sure to want to add this recipe to your cookbook collection.
CAN I USE ANY KIND OF AIR FRYER?
YES! My favorite one at this time is my
CAN I USE ANY KIND OF AIR FRYER?
I currently have and use the T-fal ActiFry Fryer
HOW TO AIR FRYER CHICKEN
- If your using a Kitchen Top Air Fryer, follow your Air fryers cooking instructions for chicken.
- To make this Chicken you will want to start with a whole chicken and chop it up before marinating it in some buttermilk.
- Once the chicken has marinated, you will then simply coat each piece with panko bread crumbs and seasonings.
- Typical air fryers can cook chicken in less than 35 minutes! Check the internal temperature or cut the chicken in the middle to ensure it has no pink parts in it.
IS AIR FRYER CHICKEN HEALTHY?
Yes, in comparison to other methods of cooking chicken it is. If you have never used an air fryer, now is the time. They are more affordable now than ever. Plus they are also a much healthier way to cook food, since the fat drains away and it is never deep fried.
Some people think that an Air Fryer is mostly for people who eat a lot of fried food. I admit I once was apart of that group, however I soon realised that if you like to bake foods too. Like I do, then the air fryer really cuts out a lot of the unnecessary fat.
Think of it, how do you typically bake chicken drumsticks or legs? If you are anything like me. You would place it on a pan in the oven and sometimes use a baking sheet to catch the grease.
However with the air fryer it elevates the food and allows all that (FAT) to drip away.
Wanting some more AWESOME Air Fryer recipes?
Stay tuned to this blog for more “Air Fryer“ inspired recipes to come!
12 Chicken Drumsticks
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp ginger powder
3 tbsp sesame oil
3 tbsp your favorite soy sauce
4 tbsp of honey
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Add the Chicken legs to a bowl with sesame oil and all the marinade ingredients.
- Marinated the chicken for 30 minutes before air frying.
- Place the Chicken in or on the Air Fryer and allow it to do the Cooking.
- Check your air fryers cooking time instructions.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds, prior to service. Enjoy!
Each air fryer has different cooking instructions based on size and model. It is best to check with your units information in regards to cooking times and temps for chicken drumsticks
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 697Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 180mgSodium: 3273mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 3gSugar: 8gProtein: 64g
★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ★