These Spicy Stuffed Peppers are the perfect keto friendly dinner and are healthy healthy.
I picked up a bag of “Naturally Imperfect Sweet Peppers” earlier in the week and thought they would be great for my new stuffed pepper recipe.
Basically that means pepper that are not perfectly shaped = to me that means non GMO and is better.
You can also use mini sweet peppers for this recipe and make it more of an appetizer if you wish.
These spicy stuffed peppers are extremely delicious and are low carb and gluten free. Topped with Gouda Cheese and Fresh Parsley!
Now not all wild rice mixtures are gluten free, so if you are on a gluten free diet I recommend the brand I use in the ingredients section.
Full of feel good fiber and protein, you and your family are sure to feel fully satisfied after eating this.
Each pepper is filled with pre-cooked black beans, wild rice mixture and sweet ghost pepper naturally smoked bacon.
The sweet ghost pepper bacon is what gives the recipe it’s sweet, spicy and smoky flavor.
Then topped with shredded gouda cheese and you will be dining good tonight!
If you end up giving them a try, please let me know in the comments below.
I would love to know what you think.
Super soft and tender these sweet peppers have a hints of cayenne, jalapeño and ghost pepper flavors.
Tender and Tasty!
Notes: If you’re looking for a vegetarian stuffed pepper recipes, see below for that recipe.
MEAL PREP IDEA: Make enough to create a few meal preps bowls for the week ahead. Or have dinner for two with this recipe, and then create two meal prep bowls for the week ahead. Want more preps? Simply double up the recipe with my easy to use recipe adjuster above.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
2.5 lb bag Naturally Imperfect Sweet Peppers
1 package PC Sweet Ghost Pepper Naturally Smoked Bacon
1 cup Lundberg, Wild Rice Blend
1 cup Black Beans
1 cup Shredded Gouda cheese
1 tsp Salt
2 tbsp fresh parsley leaves
- Start by soaking your black beans the night prior in water, then strain and place the black beans into a large pot along with the mixed wild rice and cover with 3 inches of water. Boil on medium heat till tender about 30 minutes time. OR Cook the wild rice mixture separately and once it's cooked strain and then add the canned beans to the rice.
COOKING THE PC SWEET GHOST PEPPER NATURALLY SMOKED BACON: In a large frying pan cook the bacon till crisp, you will be straining the grease out a few times. Once the bacon is crisp, remove and set aside till it cools down. Once the bacon has cooled down, chop it into fine pieces and add it to the bowl of cooked wild rice and black beans. Season the mixture with 1 tsp of salt.
- Wash and cut each pepper in half, remove the seeds and wash again.
- Stuff each pepper with the wild rice, black bean and bacon mixture.
- Top each pepper with shredded gouda cheese.
- On a large baking pan, add 3/4 cup of water so the peppers don't burn and then the stuffed bell peppers. And it also helps to steam them. Bake in a preheated oven at 400f for 30 minutes.
- Once cooked season with salt to taste and top with chopped fresh parsley.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 281Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 952mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 6gSugar: 6gProtein: 16g