This Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Skillet is an easy low carb meal made with shrimp, chorizo sausage, bell peppers, kale and is ready in less than 30 minutes!
The combination of Cajun and old bay seasoning provides a wonderful combination of flavors that is sure to tantalize your taste buds.
Quick and easy to prepare too, and is a healthy choice to refuel your body after a long hard day.
Absolutely delicious and healthy stir fry!
This dish can be on the table in less than 20 minutes, I kid you not!
I like to use green and orange bell peppers along with kale to give this dish it’s beautiful vibrant colors, however you can use pretty much any vegetable you have on hand for this dish.
Simply sauté some sausage and shrimp on the side first, then the vegetables separately. Bring everything back together and sauté to combine the flavors for the most delicious skillet dinner.
Can weeknight dinners get any better than this?
Bursting with flavor this skillet is sure to become on of your family’s favorite meals!
Note: You can also add celery, spinach or snow peas and can be served over rice if desired.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe I’d love to hear about it! You can post a review, picture below or via Instagram and let me know how it turned out.Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox every Month!
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 20 Medium Shrimp
- 2 large Chorizo sausage
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Kale
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1/4 cup Vegetable stock
- 2 Chives
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tbsp Cajun Seasoning
TO MAKE THE CAJUN SHRIMP AND SAUSAGE SKILLET:
- Start by washing your vegetables and then chop into bite size pieces and set aside.
- In a large bowl place your shrimp, and season with Old Bay Seasoning, toss to coat and let it marinade for 10 minutes.
- Chop your sausage into bite size pieces, and add to a large skillet saute till cooked then set aside.In the same skillet saute the shrimp till pink, do not overcook then set aside.
- Next saute the bell peppers and spinach in 1 tbsp of olive oil for 5 minutes till cooked.Add in the crushed garlic and cajun seasoning.
- Add the cooked sausage back in, along with vegetable stock and shrimp.Simmer for 2 minutes then serve. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 398Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 130mgSodium: 4410mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 5gSugar: 6gProtein: 22g
These calculations are based off Nutritionix