- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 20 Medium Shrimp
- 2 large Chorizo sausage
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Kale
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1/4 cup Vegetable stock
- 2 Chives
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tbsp Cajun Seasoning
This low carb cajun shrimp and chorizo sausage skillet with bell peppers and kale is a unbelievably delicious meal. The combination of cajun and old bay seasoning provides a wonderful combination of flavors that is sure to tantalize your taste buds. Quick and easy to prepare too, and is a healthy choice to refuel your body after a long hard day. This can be cooked in less than 20 minutes, I kid you not! I like to use green and orange bell peppers along with kale to give this dish it’s beautiful vibrant colors, however you can use pretty much any vegetable you have on hand for this dish. Simply saute some sausage and shrimp on the side first, then the vegetables separately. Bring everything back together and saute to combine the flavors for the most delicious skillet dinner. Can weeknight dinners get any better than this?
Absolutely delicious and healthy stir fry!
To make the Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Skillet:
- Start by washing your vegetables and then chop into bite size pieces and set aside.
- In a large bowl place your shrimp, and season with Old Bay Seasoning, toss to coat and let it marinade for 10 minutes.
- Chop your sausage into bite size pieces, and add to a large skillet saute till cooked then set aside.
- In the same skillet saute the shrimp till pink, do not overcook then set aside.
- Next saute the bell peppers and spinach in 1 tbsp of olive oil for 5 minutes till cooked.
- Add in the crushed garlic and cajun seasoning.
- Add the cooked sausage back in, along with vegetable stock and shrimp.
- Simmer for 2 minutes then serve.
Bursting with flavor this skillet is sure to become on of your family’s favorite meals!
Note: You can also add celery, spinach or snow peas and can be served over rice if desired.
This is Hunters favorite dish, yet we still can’t get him to come out of the water to eat.
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox every Month!
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! You can post a review, picture below or via Instagram and let me know how it turned out. And by doing so you will be automatically entered into our seasonal CONTEST to win one of our great prizes. Winner will be notified via email within a week after the contest closes. Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox every Month!