This easy Pork Curry Udon Soup is ready in less than 30 minutes and contains pre-made soup stock, udon noodles, soft boiled egg, green onions and bacon.
Pork Curry Udon
My Easy Pork Curry Udon Soup can be pulled together in less than 30 minutes and that is because instead of cooking pork shoulder or bones to get a stock. You will be using a pre-made bone broth, it is best to make this bone broth days, weeks month prior.
And have it stored in batches in your freezer for whenever you are craving some homemade pork udon soup. Or you can simply use any stock you have on hand such as beef or chicken. You can also pre-purchase bone broth at most holistic grocery stores which comes frozen already.
Here is a great bone broth recipe if your wanting it from scratch > Bone Broth recipe
What are Udon Noodles
Udon noodles are a Japanese food that is made from wheat flour and can be served in a stir fry or in a soup
Pork Curry Udon Soup recipe
- Start by either defrosting some pre-made pork bone broth or whatever broth of soup you have on hand on the counter.
- Then in a large frying pan, saute some bacon till crispy and set aside.
- In the same pan, se the leftover bacon grease to saute the curry power for 2 mins or until fragrant.
- Meanwhile, bring a small pot of water to a boil and once it has reached a boil carefully add in 1 egg.
- Simmer the egg on medium heat anywhere from 6-7 mins for a firm yet soft egg.
- Remove from the hot water and soak in the same pot now in cold water for 3 mins
- Roll the egg on the counter to crack and peel away the shell, save to serve
- Bring the stock to a high heat then add in the udon noodles and remove some water and place in the curry pan.
- Scrape all the curry back into the pot of stock.
- Cook on medium heat till the noodles have separated
- Serve to a bowl, top with chopped bacon, scallions and slice the egg to serve
I’m thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe id love to hear about it! Thank you and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
- 2 cups of pork stock
- 5 pieces of bacon
- 1 package of udon
- 1 green scallions chopped
- 1 egg