This is the tastiest Crispy Fried Shrimp recipe. Plus it takes less than 20 minutes to prepare, i’m sure your going to love it!
Made with rice crispies and coconut flakes then is deep fried in a little oil that crisps it up just right.
It’s, Monday which means we have a long haul to the weekend. So I wanted to come up with a quick and delicious recipe for a weeknight. So I took a look in my freezer and found a large bag of shrimp and came up with this delicious recipe which has turned out to be one of our new favorite shrimp recipes of all time.
These shrimp can be served as is or alongside just about any other dish. As well you can serve them with your favorite sauce, such as tartar sauce or cocktail sauce. Which would make these a great option to serve a crowd as an appetizer.
I also like to serve them with fresh lemon wedges as you can see in the recipes pictures. Once you try these shrimp, you will be hooked.
Notes: You can always substitute the rice krispies for panko breadcrumbs if you do not have them on hand. However the rice krispies are truly the better option.
Inspired by: seriosuseats
Did you like this recipe? Try my other fan favorite shrimp recipes. Such as my “Garlic and Lime Shrimp” or my ” ” it’s delicious too!
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it!You can post a review, picture below or via Instagram and let me know how it turned out. And by doing so you will be automatically entered into our seasonal CONTEST to win one of our great prizes. Winner will be notified via email within a week after the contest closes. Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox every Month!
- 1 cup Cooking oil
- 1 pound Fresh large shrimp
- 2 Large eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups Rice krispies
- 1/2 cup Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup Shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Lemon wedges
- Start by washing and then patting the shimp dry with a paper towel.
- In a large bowl add in the eggs and beat then till blended.
- In a medium size bowl add the baking soda and cornstarch.
- Then in a large bowl add in the rice krispies, coconut flakes, garlic powder and salt.
- Now let's coat the shrimps, starting with one at a time. Dip the shrimp into the cornstarch mixture, then dip in the beaten egg mixture and lastly coat with the rice crispy/coconut mixture till coated.
- Heat up the oil in a large non stick frying pan or deep fryer and cook the shrimp in batches for 3 minutes each.
- Remove the cooked shrimp and place on a grill like plater allowing any excess oil to drip away. Once everything has cooked, plate and serve with lemons or your favorite dipping sauce.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 885 Total Fat: 67g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 53g Cholesterol: 332mg Sodium: 1884mg Carbohydrates: 42g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 10g Protein: 31g