This is the tastiest Crispy Fried Shrimp recipe is made with rice crispy and coconut flakes then is deep fried in a little oil that crisps it up just right.
This whole recipe can be made in less than 20 minutes, your going to love it!
Crispy fried shrimp is out of this world juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside.
Looking for a salad to serve alongside? I would recommend my Quinoa and Avocado Salad which would go very well with this appetizer.
It’s, Monday which means we have a long haul to the weekend. And so I wanted to come up with a quick and delicious recipe for a weeknight.
And took a look in my freezer and found a large bag of shrimp and came up with this delicious recipe.
Which has turned out to be one of our new favorite shrimp recipes of all time.
These shrimp can be served as is or alongside just about any other dish.
As well you can serve them with your favorite sauce, such as tartar sauce or cocktail sauce.
Which would make these a great option to serve a crowd as an appetizer.
I also like to serve them with fresh lemon wedges as you can see in the recipes pictures. Once you try these shrimp, you will be hooked.
You can always substitute the rice krispies for panko breadcrumbs if you do not have them on hand. However the rice krispies are truly the better option.
Inspired by: seriosuseats
Did you like this recipe? Try my other fan favorite shrimp recipes. Such as my “Garlic and Lime Shrimp” or my ” ” it’s delicious too!
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox every Month!
- 1 cup Cooking oil
- 1 pound Fresh large shrimp
- 2 Large eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups Rice krispies
- 1/2 cup Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup Shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Lemon wedges
- Start by washing and then patting the shimp dry with a paper towel.
- In a large bowl add in the eggs and beat then till blended.
- In a medium size bowl add the baking soda and cornstarch.
- Then in a large bowl add in the rice krispies, coconut flakes, garlic powder and salt.
- Now let's coat the shrimps, starting with one at a time. Dip the shrimp into the cornstarch mixture, then dip in the beaten egg mixture and lastly coat with the rice crispy/coconut mixture till coated.
- Heat up the oil in a large non stick frying pan or deep fryer and cook the shrimp in batches for 3 minutes each.
- Remove the cooked shrimp and place on a grill like plater allowing any excess oil to drip away. Once everything has cooked, plate and serve with lemons or your favorite dipping sauce.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 885Total Fat: 67gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 53gCholesterol: 332mgSodium: 1884mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 3gSugar: 10gProtein: 31g