This Creamy Argentinian Chimichurri Recipe is so good. Takes less than 15 mins to make and is best served over steak or chicken.
You can find a nice Argentinian Chimichurri Steak Recipe here.
The more Cilantro you add to this the creamier it becomes! I love the taste of Cilantro in this sauce, so much so I tend to always double it up.
My Chimichurri is also on the spicy side, that is because I use “RED CHILI FLAKES” in it! I love it spicy too. You can omit the flakes if you prefer or use as much as the recipe calls for.
CAN CHIMICHURRI BE FROZEN
No, it really is best fresh. However it can be stored in the fridge up to a month if in a sealable container.
WHAT IS IN ARGENTIANIAN CHIMICHURRI SAUCE
- Fresh parsley
- Fresh cilantro
- Chili Flakes
- Fresh Garlic
- Red wine vinegar: you may also use sherry vinegar or white wine vinegar too. You might also want to switch for lemon juice also.
- Extra virgin olive oil:
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this, I want to see! Follow Canadian Cooking Adventures Instagram, snap a photo, and tag and hashtag it with @canadiancookingadventures and #canadiancookingadventures.
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, washed and dried
- 1 cup fresh parsley, washed and dried
- 2 tbsp fresh or dried oregano
- 4 medium cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dried red pepper flakes
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a food processor, blend all the ingredients together until very finely combined.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 172Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 57mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
These calculations are based off Nutritionix