Have you ever tried a homemade Maple Butter Recipe before? If the answer is no, then you are sure in for a treat.
WHATS MAPLE BUTTER
It is a syrup and butter all in one with no other artificial fillers. That is often smeared on toast for breakfast!
Growing up in Canada, my family had this in the house alongside other types of syrups.
It was my absolute favorite and I am so happy to share the recipe here with you today!
Trust me, you won’t ever want to go back to that artificial syrup ever again, once you try pure Maple Butter!
Spread that good stuff on your pancakes, waffles, french toast or toast. It’s a must have item in the fridge for breakfasts if you ask me. Bone Appetite!
HOW TO MAKE MAPLE BUTTER RECIPE
Some recipes online will have you thinking, it’s difficult to make this.
Well let me tell you it is not, just be careful when cooking the syrup is all.
Because it’s hot and can burn someone bad if not handled correctly. Simply follow my picture steps and instructions below and you can make a batch in no time.
HOW DO THEY MAKE MAPLE BUTTER
You will want to heat the syrup to approximately 10 °C (18 °F) above the boiling point of water, and allow it to cool to around 52 °C (125 °F), and stirring until it reaches a smooth consistency.
Stores in the fridge for up to a month’s time, or place in the freezer covered with some saran wrap over top and pull it out 15 minutes before you’re going to use it and this way it can last even longer.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe I’d love to hear about it! Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 cup Canadian Maple Butter
- 3/4 cup Butter
- Start by placing 1 cup of your maple syrup in a large pot, this helps to prevent spill over.
- Then place the candy thermometer inside and turn the heat to medium-high, turn down as soon as it starts bubbling to medium-low.
- Add in your butter and allow it to melt naturally. Then wait and watch till it reaches a temperature of 232 degrees F/112 degrees C. The correct temperature is very important in the process of making this butter.
- Once it reaches this temperature, remove from the heat and place in an ice bath (see picture above) allow it to cool down to 100 degrees f.
- Take your hand held blender using only 1 of the whisks, and whisk your butter on medium-high for about 5 minutes.
- Once whipped, pour it into a container of your liking and store in the fridge to allow it to set. Enjoy it on toast, waffles, pancakes etc.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 712Total Fat: 81gSaturated Fat: 51gTrans Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 214mgSodium: 639mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
These calculations are based off Nutritionix