This one pot Lemon Garlic Shrimp Tortellini is sauteed in light cheese sauce and goes so well tossed with pasta.
Looking for another Tortellini recipe? Try my so tasty Mushroom Balsamic Tortellini
This Lemon Garlic Tortellini is super easy to make and can be on the dinner table in less than 30 minutes. It’s comfort food meets healthy food, and yes this is surely possible.
My mom used to make tortellini often for me as a kid and I typically order Tortellini whenever I go to those Italian restaurants, I just love it.
I’m fancying it up a bit today by adding asparagus and shrimp. This dish has become our all time favorite shrimp pasta recipe.
If you end up giving it a try, I would love to hear what you think of it in the comments below.
Super satisfying this is sure to hit the spot if your craving something fancy for dinner tonight and comforting at the same time. You can always add chicken if desired, however I like shrimp best for this recipe.
You can use just about any pasta for this recipe, however I really like the tortellini. You will want to start by cooking the tortellini first in a pot of boiling water.
Then saute the asparagus till slightly tender along with the shrimp beforeing bringing everything back together to merge in the pan. Season with salt and pepper, lemon juice and white cheddar cheese before serving! Bon Appetit!
MEAL PREP IDEA: Make enough to create a few meal preps bowls for the week ahead!
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe I’d love to hear about it! You can post a review, picture below or via Instagram and let me know how it turned out.Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox every Month!
Other pasta Dishes you will love
- Chicken Pesto Ravioli
- Lemon parmesan garlic spaghetti
- Chicken and Mushroom Pappardelle
- Mushroom Goat Cheese Ravioli
- Gnocchi Sausage Kale Soup
- Smoked Salmon Gnocchi
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
- 250 grams Tortellini
- 1 pound Medium Shrimp
- 1 bunch Bunch of Asparagus
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 Lemon
- 1/2 cup White Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Flakes
- 1 tbsp Dried parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the tortellini of your choice, and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Once cooked strain and set aside.
- While the tortellini is cooking, wash the asparagus and snap the ends off before diving into threes.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp of butter and 1 tbsp of olive oil and saute the asparagus till tender. Remove the asparagus and set aside.
- In the same pan add 1 more tbsp of butter and 1 more tbsp of olive oil and saute the shrimp on medium heat for approx 2 minutes on each side till just cooked.
- Add in the minced garlic along with 2 tbsp of lemon juice, red chilies to the shrimp and season with salt and pepper.
- Add back in the asparagus and cooked tortellini and toss to coat. Then add 1/2 cup of white cheddar cheese, toss till melted.
- Lastly, squeeze the remaining juice from one lemon overtop and sprinkle with dried parsley. Saute for one more minute before serving. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 871Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 561mgSodium: 3014mgCarbohydrates: 71gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 78g
These calculations are based off Nutritionix