This Pasta with Green Sauce is super fresh and delicious as it is made with purred fresh spinach and broccoli along with parmesan cheese which creates a creamy and delicious sauce that even the kids will love.
GREEN SAUCE FOR PASTA
It is a healthy pasta recipe that you can defiantly add some sliced cooked chicken breasts too also if desired. It is packed full of purred vegetables that are masked in a delicious cheese sauce.
My toddler just loves this recipe as he is a huge pasta & cheese lover. But like any toddler does not care for vegetables much. However he will eat it all up no problem! Making it a win win family dish for us as it is also ready in less than 20 minutes!
CREAMY GREEN PASTA SAUCE
You can make this more creamy by adding in some whole milk or cream, I would recommend no more than 1/2 a cup.
WHAT IS GREEN PASTA SAUCE CALLED
GREEN PASTA SAUCE WITHOUT SPINACH
You can puree other vegetables if desired or just use broccoli! Other veggies that work are:
IS Pasta with Green Sauce HEALTHY
Yes BECAUSE it is packed full of vegetables!
CAN I USE OTHER CHEESE FOR Pasta with Green Sauce
Yes, you can use pretty much any type of cheese. Want it more cheesy? Simply add some more types to the parmesan cheese that the recipe calls for.
WANT MORE KID FRIENDLY RECIPES?
HEAD OVER TO MY RECENT POST > DINNER IDEAS FOR TODDLERS
If you make this recipe, I would love to hear about it! Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
- 600 grams of penne pasta
- 2 cups of broccoli purred
- 4 cups of spinach purred
- 1/4 cup of vegetable stock
- 2 cups of fresh Parmesan
- 1/2 cup of dry parmesan to serve
- 1/2 juice of a lemon
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In one pot cook the broccoli and spinach together, once soft strain the water out and blend in a blender till purred
- In another pot boil the pasta in some oil till cooked, strain and set aside
- Add 2 tbsp of butter back to the pot along with the seasonings then add in the cooked veggies, pasta, vegetable stock and parmesan cheese.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir on low heat till the parm cheese has fully melted into the pasta.
- Serve topped with dry parmesan cheese.
You can add more broccoli or spinach if desired
Also feel free to mix other cheeses in this as well, just me sure to melt it well into the pasta.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 557Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 1260mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 7gSugar: 3gProtein: 35g
These calculations are based off Nutritionix