- 15 oz (1 can) Chick Peas
- 1 cup Cilantro
- 2 tbsp Tahini (sesame paste)
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Greek Yogurt
- 2 Jalapeno pepper*chopped, add more for added heat
- 2 Garlic
- 3 tbsp Lime*juice
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- Salt and pepper*to taste
YOU won’t believe how fresh this Hummus tastes!! If you’re tired of those expensive store bought varieties, and looking for something more healthier, then why not give this recipe a GO. I always make a fresh batches of hummus early in the week, and then store it in an airtight container for the unlimited guilt free munching! Which usually happens at night, watching the food network or something! Enjoy this Hummus with tortilla chips or pita bread, super healthy and delicious.
- Blender or Food Processor, I use my (Oyster Fusion Blender )
To make the Hummus:
- Preparing Beans from Dry: Cover you garbanzo beans in water and allow to soak over night. The next day cook your garbanzo beans in a pot with 2 inches of water to cover, and bring to a boil. Cook for 1 1/2 hours or until they are soak. Drain and place in your blender or food processor Add your Cilantro, jalapeno, greek yogurt, garlic, olive oil, tahini and lime juice and purée. Then add in your garbanzo beans and blend till combined. Add in all your seasoning, and pulse for a few more seconds.
- Preparing the Beans from the Can: Drain and rinse your chickpeas, add to your blender or food processor. Add your Cilantro, jalapeno, greek yogurt, garlic, olive oil, tahini and lime juice and purée. Then add in your garbanzo beans and blend till combined. Add in all your seasoning, and pulse for a few more seconds.
Notes: For best results chill it in an airtight container for up to 2 hours or more before serving. The longer it chills in the fridge the thicker it becomes and the flavors really set in.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe id love to hear about it! You can post a review, picture below or via Instagram and let me know how it turned out. And by doing so you will be automatically entered into our seasonal CONTEST to win one of our great prizes. Winner will be notified via email within a week after the contest closes. Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!