This Passata Pizza Sauce is my go to pizza sauce whenever I’m making a pizza from scratch.
It’s very fresh and authentic tasting and most people don’t realize it but having a good tomato sauce for your pizza is key to making a great pizza.
You don’t want to just slap on tomato paste and hope for the best.
Because that will give it a plain raw flavor that even the best ingredients can’t mask.
What you want is a simple yet delicious homemade sauce that is versatile and goes great on any pizza and I have just the recipe for that.
This is by far my favorite way to make homemade pizza sauce, it’s so simple too.
This recipe makes enough for two large pizzas, cut the recipe in half if you’re cooking just one.
HOMEMADE LOW SODIUM PIZZA SAUCE
Is possible when you make it like this from scratch. Because Passata sauce has no salt in it, you really can omit the salt all together if you choose.
Note: You can omit the anchovies paste if you like, but I encourage you to try it with. Stores in a airtight container up to 24 hours in the fridge.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
- 720 ml Passata italian tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp Anchovy paste
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp of White sugar
- 3 tbsp Fresh Oregano
- 1 tbsp Red Chili Flakes
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Fresh Basil Leaves
- Salt to taste
- Chop up your fresh basil and garlic, set aside.
- In a medium saucepan heat the olive oil on low/medium heat.
- Add in your minced garlic and sauté for one minute.
- Then add in your dried Italian seasoning, chili peppers and passata tomato sauce, oregano, salt and pepper, sugar and fresh basil.
- Cover and simmer on low heat.
- Stir every so often and cook on low for 35 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the anchovy paste.
- Allow it to cool down for 10 minutes before placing on your pizza(s)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 53Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 212mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g
These calculations are based off Nutritionix