My Mini Guide to Vernon, BC
Vernon is a little city in British Columbia’s Okanogan, to find out more about this little city check out their website. It’s an upcoming little city with lots of things to do.
Depending on the time of year your wanting to make a visit. Vernon has allot to offer, and example of some Summer activities would be hiking, swimming and boating. And just as much fun can be had in the winter, as there is allot of Mountains to go downhill skiing on or ponds to skate around.
Best time to go?
With all the lakes around some would say the summer time for sure, however if you are a lover of all things winter. There is tons to do around here such as ice skating, cross country skiing and downhill activities.
Top Things to do in Vernon:
- SILVER STAR RESORT ~ This resort is one of British Columbia’s most popular skiing destinations. Boasting one of the nicest ski hills in the Country, its worth the 30 minutes drive up the Mountain. Be sure you have Winter tires on if your driving there, otherwise you risk driving off the cliff of the Mountain. They also offer shuttle services to and from many of the local resorts, booked prior to ensure availability.
- KAL BEACH~ is located just on the outskirts of Vernon and offers amazing sunrises and sets, along with all the water activities you could imagine.
- OTTER BAY BEACH ~ located at Ellison Provincial Park
- ANCIENT HILLS WINERY ~ looking for a lovely spot to go taste some locally brewed wine? Check out Ancient Hills Winery from a memorable experience.
I’ve included recommendations & reviews for places I’ve been to in Vernon see my restaurant page for reviews for the following places.
- The Red Antler at Silver Star
- BOA THONG Thai Food Restaurant
- The Naked Pig
- BX Creek Bar & Grill
Where to Stay:
- Location, Location – Bulldog Hotel
Located right in the heart of the Silver Star resort, and priced very well. Also offers full amenities, restaurant, hot tub and more.
- Affordable Luxury – Vernon Lodge
I love this pet friendly lodge. It offers full amenities too, boasts a restaurant and bar along with a pool and hot tub. It’s really affordable too!
- Budget Friendly – Days In Vernon
A great place to stay if you’re on a budget.
- Off the Beaten Path – Forest Cabin
Luxury in the woods.
- Off the Beaten Path – Little House on Pottery Road Cozy
Pet friendly cabin and very cute.
- Silver Star Resort – SilverStar resort has British Columbia’s 3rd largest ski resort boasting over 3,282 acres of ski & snowboard terrain spread across 4 mountain faces. They offer ice skating, tubing and more fun winter activities. Visit their website here Ski Silver Star.com
- BX Ranch Dog Park (Surrounded by farm land and mountain ranges), with paths that lead to streams and waterfalls you can’t go wrong taking your dog here for a visits.
Note: This is an ever evolving list, check back for updates periodically.
Do you have any Vernon recommendations, we would love to check them out? Comment below or email us at [email protected]