Let us know about Farmers Markets in your area, and well will add them to the list.
Being Canadian has many benefits, one is that our supermarkets are very diverse and our restaurant options are endless. We have supermarkets dedicated to every culture and if you are so brave you to can learn, to cook just about anything! Being a very diverse nation, from east to west and all in between, “Culturally speaking” we have it all! More and more people are looking to eat local, and visiting your local farmers market is the best way to ensure that. So I hope you find one in your area to check out this Spring/Summer, as it’s a great way to support the local economy too.
Top 10 Reasons to support your local farmers markets
- Organic food at excellent prices, no pesticides.
- The opportunity to shop outside for your food. How Fun!
- The taste, nothing in the supermarket even compares to farmers market produce.
- Celebrate the seasons, asparagus in the spring, sweet corn in the summer.
- Meet local people in the community and connect with them.
- Eating local foods enabling farmers to continue producing and supports our economy.
- Teach kids about farming practices and healthy eating food habits.
- Protect the environment, by supporting organic farms.
- Care about the treatment of animals, by having peace of mind knowing your food is raised without hormones and antibiotics. Where animals are allowed to eat grass and graze like they would naturally.
- Discover a world of new foods, farmers markets usually have a variety of spices and foods that you would never see at your local grocery.
Farmers Markets By Province
Awww Summer’s Sweet Abundance of Fresh foods
Get them while they’re in Season!
- St. Lawrence Market
- Junction Market
- Trinity Bellwood
- Sorauren Farmers’ Market
- Apple Tree Market
- Artscape Wychwood Barn
Cariboo Chilcotin Coast
- Peachland Farmers & Crafters Market
- Summerland Market
- Naramata Community Market
- Penticton Farmers’ Market
- Oliver Country Market A-Fair
- Comox Valley Farmers’ Market
- Salt Spring Saturday Market
- Errington Farmers’ Market
- Duncan Farmers’ Market
- Parksville Museum Farmers’ Market