3 cups Cake flour
4 Egg whites
1 can Coconut Milk
2 cups Granulated sugar
1 cup Sour Cream (Full fat)
1/2 cup Butter softened
1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
3 tsp Baking Powder
1 pinch Salt
500 grams Cream Cheese
1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
1/2 cup Shredded sweetened coconut
2 cups Sweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup Unsweetened thick shredded coconut
Today I’m sharing with you the most delicious recipe for a “Coconut Cake”. This cake is made from scratch and takes less than an hour to make.
The awesome part about this cake is that you won’t have to spend all day in the kitchen baking, it really takes less than an hour to prepare. Oh and do not forget to use cake flour for this recipe, it really makes all the difference in how it tastes.
Now i’ll be honest, I’m not a cake decorator. Meaning I hardly ever create a cake that is shop worthy, looks wise. However I am a good baker and so you can expect this cake to be super moist on the inside and packed full of the most delicious coconut flavors you could ever want on the outside.
It is not overwhelming sugary either, there are hints of sweetness. However I much prefer to highlight the coconut flavors vs just sugar.
It’s winter time here in Canada and here I was craving some Coconut cake. The cake actually reminds me of snow and so I decided to add some snow to this photoshoot.
I think I got some stunning photos and it definitely looks like snow don’t it?
Soon after I finished the photoshoot this cake was enjoyed on the couch by me and my partner. It is one of my favorite cakes and I think it may be one of yours too. Give it a try you may be surprised at how good it really is.
The nice thing about this cake is that it can be served for at just about any holiday. Think summertime parties, winter time gatherings or perhaps at a wedding. The sky’s the limit with this cake!
I used a square baking pan for this cake, however you can use a circular baking pan if desired or even double to recipe and create a layered cake. There really isn’t much to this recipe, just follow the basic steps below and you will have the most amazing coconut cake too.
That’s all folks, this is what a fresh and creamy coconut cake looks like, enjoy!
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! You can post a review, picture below or via Instagram and let me know how it turned out. And by doing so you will be automatically entered into our seasonal CONTEST to win one of our great prizes. Winner will be notified via email within a week after the contest closes. Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
Winter Coconut Cake
- WHITE CAKE
- 3 cups Cake flour
- 4 Egg whites
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 2 cups Granulated sugar
- 1 cup Sour Cream Full fat
- 1/2 cup Butter softened
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 pinch Salt
- 500 grams Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup Shredded sweetened coconut
- 2 cups Sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened thick shredded coconut
- Start by greasing a square baking pan with vegetable oil then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add the cake flour, egg whites, coconut milk, sugar, sour cream, butter, vanilla, baking powder and salt.
- Mix with a hand mixture till creamy and blended, then pour into the baking pan and bake the cake at 375 f for 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the frosting, by placing everything into a medium mixing bowl and blending it all together with a hand held blender till smooth.
- Once the cake has cooked, remove from the oven and allow it to cool outside the stove for at least 30 minutes.
- Once cooled, loosen the cake with a spatula all around and flip upside own onto a large plate and then top with another plate and flip once more.
- Once the cake is ready, frost it with a cake spatula from the top to the sides.
- Sprinkle the whole cake with fine sweetened coconut flakes and then top with the unsweetened coconut flakes. Enjoy!