This Fresh Corn on the Cob salad is full of flavor and is a very healthy salad option for those who vegan diet or those who want to include more meatless meals into their lifestyle.
Made with just a few simple ingredients of fresh sweet corn on the cob, avocados, cucumbers, orange and red peppers.
Then it’s topped with my homemade “Honey Lime Vinaigrette“ which makes for a very tasty low carb yet filling salad. And you will be in business!
When making a cob salad, you want to be sure to use fresh corn on the cob.
Of course you can use canned corn or frozen but i’m telling you it just is not the same.
So really try to get your hands on the fresh stuff if possible.
The sweet corn and orange pepper give this salad a hint of sweetness! So when you add just a touch of the “Honey Lime Vinaigrette” you will really help to ampt up the sweet flavors even more.
If you’re looking for more of a “Tangy Vinaigrette” simply scroll to the bottom of this recipe for a list of other Vinaigrette dressings that also would go great with this salad.
Your going to want a light Vinaigrette to accompany this salad, so i’m sharing that recipe with you as well.
It is not only perfect for this particular salad it also can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 weeks and used on plenty of other salads.
Also be sure to only pour the vinaigrette overtop once your ready to eat it, otherwise you bare the chance of having mushy avocados.
Honey Lime Vinaigrette
Wanting to feed more people?
Simply double up this recipe up with my easy to use recipe adjuster above and then you can serve a larger group.
Meal Prep Inspiration: Store in sealable containers for up to 3 days in the fridge, just make sure you are using firm avocados and not putting the dressing on top till your ready to eat.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox every month!
Fresh Corn on the Cob Salad
- 2 Fresh Corn on the Cob
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Orange Pepper
- 2 Avocado
- 1 english Cucumber
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Dijion Mustard
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper to taste
- Start by peeling the corn on the cob to remove the husks and discard. In a large pot of boiling water add the peeled cobs and cook them till tender about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and in a large strainer, rinse under cold water and set aside.
- Now on another cutting board, dice the red and orange peppers, chop the avocados and dice them along with the cucumber.
- Next toss those ingredients into a large salad bowl and on the same cutting board. Start to remove the corn from the cooled cobs with a large knife. Allow the pieces to fall off into larger chunks and toss that into the salad.
- Season with salt and mix everything together lightly to combine. Be careful not to over mix you do not want little corn pieces you want the larger chunks for this.
- Serve as is or alongside your favorite Vinaigrette or salad dressing. To make the Honey Lime Vinaigrette, simply place all the ingredients into a mason jar and shake to combine. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1020Total Fat: 84gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 68gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 576mgCarbohydrates: 73gFiber: 15gSugar: 29gProtein: 10g