This one pot tortellini recipe is made in a lemon garlic sauce that has a hint of creaminess from the cheese and chicken stock that you’re sure to love.
I’ve served this up many times in our home and it’s one of our favorite pasta dishes by far.
Made with fresh spinach, baby tomatoes and monterey jack cheese this dish is sure to impress.
Feel free to use anytime of white cheese that you like, such as parmesan or mozzarella.
I used Monterey jack cheese in this recipe to give it a bit of kick.
This is by far one of my favorite ways to make Chicken Tortellini, it is super quick, delicious and an easy yet fancy weeknight meal that can be pulled off with little effort.
Feel free to add some pre cooked sliced chicken breasts on top if desired as well.
However you really don’t need it as this dish is pretty filling as is.
Comfort food meets healthy food, yes it’s possible.
Most creamy pasta dishes call for cream but my recipe calls for chicken stock, making it much healthier for you.
So go ahead and indulge with this one, everything in moderation right 🙂
If your family loves pasta as much as we do, then i’m more than certain this is a dish that will be adored in your household for a longtime.
You can fancy it up even more by adding some pre-cooked shrimp on top too, Jason loves when I do that.
Sometimes if there is leftovers I will eat this cold but it definitely tastes best served hot.
Before serving just make sure you are seasoning with salt to taste and then drizzling a bit more lemon juice on top.
Then it will absolutely PERFECT!
If you end up giving it a try, I would love to hear what you think of it in the comments below.
MEAL PREP IDEA: Make enough to create a few meal preps bowls for the week ahead!
Recipe notes: You can use Parmigiano – reggiano or Mozzarella for this pasta in replace of the Monterey jack if desired.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox every Month!
- 550 grams Chicken Tortellini
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Butter
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 cup Chopped Spinach
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1 Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Start by bringing a large pan/pot of water to a boil then add in the refrigerated Tortellini, turn the heat down to medium and boil for 7-8 minutes or according to package instructions. Once cooked remove the tortellini from the heat. Then strain the tortellini and toss in a bowl with 1 tsp of olive oil, set aside.
- In the same pan/pot add 1 tsp of butter and the minced garlic. Saute for 1-2 minutes till fragrant then add in the spinach, fresh baby tomatoes and the chicken stock. Simmer on medium heat till the spinach is wilted.
- Add back in the cooked tortellini, 1/2 of the monterey jack cheese and season pepper. Toss to coat and drizzle the juice from a whole lemon over everything. Turn off the heat and toss once more before serving~ once served add the remaining cheese on top and drizzle with a bit more lemon juice. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 689Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 780mgCarbohydrates: 87gFiber: 7gSugar: 7gProtein: 39g