Skip the takeout tonight and make this authentic Tofu Thai Green Curry in the comfort of your own home.
Green Thai Curry is just a bit milder than Red Thai Curry, however both taste similar.
I just love Thai food and used to order Green & Red Thai curries often at the restaurants.
However, now a days I’ve have learned to make it at home for a fraction of the cost.
And honestly it tastes equally as good if not better than it does in the restaurants.
This dish here can be ready to serve in less than 20 minutes. Yup, you read that correctly!
So what are you waiting for?
HOW TO MAKE TOFY THAI GREEN CURRY
Making Tofu Thai Curry is easy. However you are going to want to make sure you have the basic Thai ingredients on hand. Which are listed below!
WHAT VEGETABLES IN GREEN THAI CURRY
- Red, Green, Yellow or Orange peppers
- Swiss chard
PROTEINS THAT GO GREAT IN GREEN THAI CURRY
WHAT IS IN GREEN THAI CURRY
Once you picked your vegetable and protein you will simply want a quality coconut milk product (the less liquidity) the better and a pre-made green Thai curry paste along with some fish stock, lime juice, sugar and salt.
- Traditionally that paste is made in a mortar and is comprised of shallots, garlic, green chilies, galangal, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves among some other ingredients and spices.
Green Thai Curry is just a bit milder than Red Thai Curry, however both taste similar. There are plenty different ways to make Thai curry and that is because you can add just about any type of vegetable or meat protein to your dishes.
WHAT’S IN GREEN THAI CURRY PASTE
- Fresh Green Chilli
- Coriander seeds
HOW MUCH GREEN THAI CURRY PASTE TO USE
- 2 tbsp per 400 grams of Coconut Milk
The ONLY brand I will use!!
IS GREEN THAI CURRY GLUTEN FREE
- YES! This brand above is.
IS GREEN THAI CURRY KETO
WHAT DOES GREEN THAI CURRY TASTE LIKE
Green Thai Curry has hints of spice, tang and sweet flavors. It really is something special and this recipe has all the same tastes that you would find at your local Thai restaurants too!
You may have thought that making Thai curry at home would be complicated, but I am here to tell you it is not.
However I have found a healthy paste product that contains all those foreign ingredients that is out of this world amazing.
It will not only taste the exact same way as making it all from scratch, it will save you all the hassle of learning to do that and time.
IS GREEN THAI CURRY HEALTHY
- YES, Thai Curry is very healthy for you!
WHAT GOES WITH GREEN THAI CURRY
- Jasmine Rice
- Vermicelli Rice
If you love Thai food as much as me, then you will want to try my other Thai dishes! All are AMAZING and really are some of the best ways to make Thai at home in a fraction of the time.
- Best Thai Red Curry
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Thai Soup
- Thai Vermicelli Salad
- Spicy Chicken Pad Thai Recipe
- Red Thai Curry with Shrimp
- Thai Chicken Noodle Soup
- Green Thai Curry with Chicken Peppers and Bok Choy
Note: Want more heat, simply add in more Thai Green Curry Paste.
I’m thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! Thank you and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
Tofu Thai Green Curry
Skip the takeout make this delicious dish at home in less than 20 minutes!
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- 3 tbsp Green Thai Curry Paste
- 2 cans (810 ml) Light Coconut Milk
- 1 package of firm tofu, cubed
- 2 tsp Fish Sauce
- 1 tsp ginger/garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- pinch Salt
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 lime Fresh Lime Juice
- 3 cups Jasmine Rice
- Start by washing and cutting up your vegetables and slice all according to the size you want.
- Then remove the tofu from the packaging, and slice into thin pieces.
- In pot, wok or pan, heat up the oil on medium high and in your “GREEN THAI CURRY PASTE” saute for 2 minutes till blended.
- Next add in the coconut milk and cook for another 2 minutes on medium-high.
- Add in your ginger/garlic paste and cook for 2 minutes all together.
- Next add in the tofu and allow it to simmer all together on medium-high for 10 minutes.
- Then add in your fish sauce and sugar then simmer for another 2 minutes over low heat.
- Add your remaining vegetables. “red pepper” then the “fresh chopped spinach” cook to tender around 6 minutes over medium heat.
- Serve with fresh lime juice and a sprig of fresh basil over jasmine rice if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 699Total Fat: 44gSaturated Fat: 37gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 845mgCarbohydrates: 68gFiber: 5gSugar: 8gProtein: 15g
These calculations are based off Nutritionix