This Creamy Thai Carrot Soup is made with lots of carrots and has hints of thai flavors incorporated into it.
PLUS it is simple to make, trust me I have tested this recipe a few times. And have come up with the easiest way to make this from scratch. There is no peeling of the carrots here and everything is pretty much done in one pot.
Minus the blending of the carrots at the end. But it is so worth it because it turns into the most delicious creamy carrot soup ever!
Have you ever tried Red Thai Curry before? If you have then you will recognize some of those flavors here. This soup is not boring by any means, and it does not taste just like carrots.
Rather all the ingredients here only enhances the carrots. Which have linked with benefits for heart and eye health, improved digestion, as well as reduced risk of cancer.
Now there are plenty of ways to make this kind of soup, so I’m going to give you a few options here and let then you decide what works best for you.
I have experiment with a few carrot soups in my day, and I have found most of them bland to be honest. That is probably why people sometimes add potatoes and other elements to it. But not I!
I prepare this soup the exact same way I would any “Red Thai Curry” minus the fish stock.
With the addition of 8 carrots. If you are not as much of a carrot fan, then you can also half the amount of carrots and add one sweet potato to the stock. “Cubed” of course, then you will want to blend that along with the carrots.
IS CARROT SOUP HEALTHY
YES, carrots have been linked with plenty of benefits for heart and eye health, improved digestion, as well as reduced risk of cancer. Being that their is 8 whole carrots in this soup you are getting a whole lot of those benefits.
WHY IS CARROT SOUP HEALTHY FOR YOU
- Because it is packed full beta-carotene, fiber, vitamin K, potassium and antioxidants
- They are a weight loss friendly food and have been linked to lower cholesterol levels and improved eye health
- The list goes on and on as to the benefits of carrots.
HOW TO MAKE THAI CARROT SOUP
- You will start by washing and chopping the carrots, do not remove the skin. It is very healthy for you as that is where most of the nutrients are stored.
- Then in a large pot you will want to saute the Red Thai Curry Paste in a little bit of oil for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Along with the fresh ginger.
- Then you will add the coconut milk along with the vegetable stock.
- Add the cubed carrots, star anise and sugar.
- Place the lid on the soup and simmer on medium heat for 20 minutes or until the carrots are fork tender.
- With a ladle remove the carrots and place into a blender, along with 1 cup of the stock.
- Blend until completely creamy and smooth.
- Pour back into the pot, cover and simmer 5 more minutes.
- Serve into bowls, then crush up some cashews and parsley and garnish.
- Squeeze half a lime over each bowl and enjoy!
WHAT IS THAI CARROT SOUP
- Red Thai Curry consists Coconut milk, Vegetable Stock, Red Thai Curry Paste, Ginger, Sugar, Star Anise and lots of Carrots.
- Traditionally Red Thai Curry paste is made in a mortar and is comprised of shallots, garlic, green chilies, galangal, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves among some other ingredients and spices.
- How the Red Thai Curry that I use and HIGHLY recommend has all that in it. (see below)
The ONLY brand I will use!!
Also if you’re feeling under the weather, this is the perfect soup to make.
Just simply go ahead and add more ginger to this soup as it carries a ton of antibacterial properties.
And has been proven to help people get better much faster.
So you have two options when preparing this dish, either you can make the Red Thai Curry from scratch with the traditional Thai ingredients.
By crushing it all together in a mortar or you can buy the premade “Red Thai Curry Paste” which has all this in the paste, and is much easier.
This is the method we highly recommend, as it’s much easier. We hope you give it a try, and let us know how it turned out for you.
CAN CARROT SOUP BE FROZEN
Definitely, just make sure you are placing it in a freezer friendly container.
You really you cannot go wrong with making this soup, it’s healthy and also an excellent recipe to keep on hand when you have a ton of carrots.
If you love Thai food as much as me, then you will want to try my other thai dishes! All are AMAZING and really are some of the best ways to make Thai at home in a fraction of the time.
- Best Thai Red Curry
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Thai Soup
- Thai Vermicelli Salad
- Spicy Chicken Pad Thai Recipe
- Red Thai Curry with Shrimp
- Thai Chicken Noodle Soup
- Green Thai Curry with Chicken Peppers and Bok Choy
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox every Month!
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- 2 tbsp Red Thai Curry Paste
- 500ml Full fat coconut milk
- 3 cups Vegetable stock
- 8 large Carrots
- 1 tsp White Sugar
- 2 Lime
- 2 Star anise
- 4 cup Crushed Cashews
- 4 tbsp Fresh chopped parsley
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1153Total Fat: 97gSaturated Fat: 41gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 50gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1624mgCarbohydrates: 64gFiber: 8gSugar: 13gProtein: 25g