This Tangy Cabbage slaw for tacos is a low calorie option to a creamy slaw as it is seasoned with just salt and lime juice. However it is not lacking in flavor at all and is super fresh and refreshing.
On a low calorie diet, your going to love this taco topping! As each serving is less than 16 calories!
If you make fish tacos often in your home like we do, then your going to want to try this red cabbage slaw for your fish tacos.
Looking for some fish taco recipes? Try this slaw with my Blackened Fish Tacos, the two are a match made in heaven!
WHAT IS IN Tangy Cabbage slaw for tacos
- It is simply, sliced white cabbage with cilantro, tomatoes and lime juice.
- That is then seasoned with salt and pepper and goes well on tacos.
When making this for tacos, be sure to make one hour ahead of time.
This slaw is best once it marinates in the lime juice.
TYPE OF TACOS THIS SLAW PAIRS WELL WITH
Looking for more Fish Taco recipes?
Try my Spicy Shrimp Taco with this red cabbage slaw.
HOW LONG DOES CABBAGE SLAW LAST
You can store it in the Fridge in a sealable container up to 5 days.
MORE MEXICAN RECIPES
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you make this recipe, I would love to hear about it! You can leave a 5 star review in the comments below! Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 cup of shredded cabbage
- 2 small roma tomatoes chopped
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop all the ingredients and place in a medium bowl, squeeze the juice of a lime overtop and marinade in the fridge for a min of 1 hour.
- Serve with your favorite tacos.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 24Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 108mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g
These calculations are based off Nutritionix