- 2 cups Course Bulgur
- 3 cups Water
- 15 leaves Bunch of fresh mint
- 1/2 English Cucumber
- 2 cups Parsley
- 1/4 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Lime (juice)
- 10 Baby tomatoes
- 2 Garden tomato
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1 stalk Green Onions
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
The secrets to a good tabbouleh, is using the most freshest of ingredients and the right type of bulgur. I think this recipe goes great alongside any dish and would as a great side dish for the holidays. This tasty salad is something I have come to enjoy immensely over the years. Actually I tried it for the first time at my local deli a few years back, and liked it so much that returned to the market to find all the ingredients that night.
It took me some time to master the perfect combination and techniques to making the most tastiest of tabbouleh’s, but I’m sure i’ve done it now. This salad has an a array of flavors that are sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. And tastes much better than any store bought variety, believe me.
You will want to start by using a “coarse Bulgur” variety, you can use “fine coarse” Bulgur if you want, however i find the course works best because it gives more substance to the salad. Also I recommend using both lemons and limes for this recipe, however traditionally lemons are just used, next chop up all your fresh ingredients and mix the in together and your salad is done. I hope you enjoy this version for my favorite tabboul-eh salad.
To make this Tasty Tabbouleh:
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add in your course bulgur, allow it to simmer for 20-30 minutes till tender.
- Drain and place your bulgur in a large bowl, drizzle with lemon and lime juice, and then put in the fridge to cool down.
- Wash and then chop your cucumber, parsley, mint and green onions into small pieces. Then place them in a strainer over the sink and allow them to drain of the excess liquid. Then add them to your bowl.
- Chop your tomatoes into small cubes and place them in a strainer over the sink with a little salt mixed in and allow them to drain off the excess liquid. Then add them to your bowl.
- Once your Bulgar has cooled place it into your large bowl and add toss with your chopped herbs and vegetables.
- Drizzle your olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Keep in airtight container in the fridge till your ready to eat.