- 1 tbsp Sun-Dried Tomato Oil
- 2 large Salmon Fillets
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 10 Sun-Dried Tomatoeschopped
- 1 1/2 cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp Sour Cream (Full fat)
- 4 cups Spinachcompressed to measure
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp Red Chili Flakes
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
This Spicy Tuscan Salmon with sundried tomatoes and spinach is a delicious meal that can be made in under 30 minutes flat. So if your craving something fancy for dinner tonight, this one pot Salmon dinner will sure hit the spot. Super creamy and not to spicy, you have never tried salmon like this. Unless you have tried the more traditional “Tuscan Salmon” that is more cream heavy and seasoned with salt and pepper.
My recipe is much healthier and more flavorful and that is because we are using whole milk instead of cream. And adding in double the amount of spinach which totally goes well in this dish, along with a few extra spices that make it that much tastier. Serve this dish alongside some pasta if desired. So simple, yet so impressive that you could serve this to a crowd and call it fine dining.
First you will want to start by searing the Salmon fillets directly in the oil that the sun-dried tomatoes come in. “You don’t want to skip this step as it really adds a nice element to the fish”.
This is definitely my favorite way to make Tuscan Salmon, with a little spice and a lot more flavor. The first time I tried Tuscan Salmon, was early last year. I followed another bloggers recipe, over at Cafe Delites, and immediately fell in love with it. But I knew it needed a little bit more spice and flavor to blow me out of the water. So I made a few changes to suit my taste and diet and came up with a spicier, lower fat version. I hope you try it!
I like to serve this dish over a bed of Conchiglie/Shell pasta, it goes really good with this recipe. However if your on a keto diet feel free to enjoy it as is, trust me it’s amazing either way. If you are serving this over pasta, just make sure to cook the pasta separately before hand so it’s ready when the fish is. This dish is very satisfying, both as a lunch dish or to serve as main meal.
So follow along Salmon lovers, this recipe is sure to impress. If you end up giving this recipe a try, I would love to know how you liked it. Bon Appetit!
To make the Spicy Tuscan Salmon:
If your wanting to accompany this dish with some pasta. Then make sure you start by cooking that first, and once it’s cooked strain and set aside.
- Start by cooking the salmon, add 1 tbsp of oil from the jar of sun-dried tomatoes into the frying pan.
- Saute the salmon on medium-low heat flesh side down for 8 minutes. Flip over and saute for another 2 minutes or until the salmon looks cooked all the way through.
- Once cooked throughout remove from the pan and set aside for later.
- In the same pan, add the crushed garlic and chopped up sun-dried tomatoes.
- Simmer on medium to low heat for 2 minutes before adding in all the spices, milk, sour cream and parmesan cheese.
- Next add in the washed spinach, and allow it to wilt before adding back in the cooked salmon fillets.
- Bring the pan to low heat, and simmer everything together uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and allow it to sit off the element to thicken up for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve over a bed of your favorite pasta if desired. I like “Conchiglie/Shell Pasta”
Notes: Squeeze a little bit of fresh lemon juice over top for a little tang if desired.
MEAL PREP IDEA: Make enough to create a few meal preps bowls for the week ahead. Or have dinner for one with this recipe, and split the last Salmon fillet in half for two meal prep bowls. To make the bowls, simply place some Conchiglie/Shell Pasta on the bottom of the bowls and top with the Creamy Salmon, spinach, parmesan sauce.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! You can post a review, picture below or via Instagram and let me know how it turned out. And by doing so you will be automatically entered into our seasonal CONTEST to win one of our great prizes. Winner will be notified via email within a week after the contest closes. Thank you very much for reading and until next time see you in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox every Month!
PIN IT FOR LATER