This Spicy Tuscan Salmon is just bursting with so many amazing flavors that you’re sure to love it!
WHAT IS TUSCAN SALMON
It is salmon fillets smothered in a creamy sauce with spinach, sun dried tomatoes and parmesan!
So if you’re craving something different and a little fancy for dinner tonight.
Then this one pot dish is sure to impress!
Plus it definitely is one of my favorite way to make Tuscan Salmon, with a hint of spice.
The first time I tried Tuscan Salmon, was early last year.
I followed another bloggers recipe, over at Cafe Delites and immediately fell in love with it.
But I knew it needed a little bit more to really suit my taste.
So I made a few changes and came up with this recipe.
Which is also a lower fat version of the more traditional Tuscan Salmon.
I also like to add a bit more of those delicious sundried tomatoes and spinach, so do not skip on that.
HOW TO MAKE TUSCAN SALMON
My dish brings that extra element of heat and is less cream heavy than other varieties I have tried.
Rather, I like to use whole milk instead of cream and will double the amount of spinach making it that much more healthier and tastier.
So simple, yet so impressive that you could serve this to a crowd and call it fine dining.
I like to serve this dish over a bed of Conchiglie/Shell pasta, it goes really good with this recipe.
However if your on a keto diet feel free to enjoy it as is, trust me it’s amazing either way.
If you are serving this over pasta, just make sure to cook the pasta separately before hand so it’s ready when the fish is.
This dish is very satisfying, both as a lunch dish or to serve as main meal.
So follow along Salmon lovers, this recipe is sure to impress. If you end up giving this recipe a try, I would love to know how you liked it. Bon Appetit!
Be sure to sear the Salmon fillets directly in the oil that the sun-dried tomatoes come in.
As it really adds a nice element to the fish”.
Also you can squeeze a little bit of fresh lemon juice over top for a little tang if desired.
MEAL PREP IDEA: Make enough to create a few meal preps bowls for the week ahead. Or have dinner for one with this recipe, and split the last Salmon fillet in half for two meal prep bowls.
To make the bowls, simply place some Conchiglie/Shell Pasta on the bottom of the bowls and top with the Creamy Salmon, spinach, parmesan sauce.
LOOKING FOR MORE SALMON RECIPES?
Be sure to try these tasty recipes below!
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this, I want to see! Follow Canadian Cooking Adventures Instagram, snap a photo, and tag and hashtag it with @canadiancookingadventures and #canadiancookingadventures.
- 1 tbsp Sun-Dried Tomato Oil
- 2 Large Salmon Fillets
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 10 Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 4 tbsp cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp Sour Cream, Full fat
- 4 cups Spinach
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp Red Chili Flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- If your wanting to accompany this dish with some pasta. Then make sure you start by cooking that first, and once it’s cooked strain and set aside. Start by cooking the salmon, add 1 tbsp of oil from the jar of sun-dried tomatoes into the frying pan.
- Saute the salmon on medium-low heat flesh side down for 8 minutes. Flip over and saute for another 2 minutes or until the salmon looks cooked all the way through. Once cooked throughout remove from the pan and set aside for later.
- In the same pan, add the crushed garlic and chopped up sun-dried tomatoes. Simmer on medium to low heat for 2 minutes before adding in all the spices, milk, sour cream and parmesan cheese.
- Next add in the washed spinach, and allow it to wilt before adding back in the cooked salmon fillets.
- Bring the pan to low heat and simmer everything together uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and allow it to sit off the element to thicken up for a few minutes before serving. Serve over a bed of your favorite pasta if desired. I like "Conchiglie/Shell Pasta" enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 807Total Fat: 46gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 30gCholesterol: 171mgSodium: 791mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 12gSugar: 13gProtein: 71g
These calculations are based off Nutritionix