These Chicken Breasts are smothered in a creamy, parmesan sauce and served over a bed of egg noodles. This is definitely my favorite way to make Tuscan Chicken.
If you have ever been to the Olive Garden, this recipe is definitely a fan favorite. However mine cuts the fat in half by adding 1 cup of half n half cream, not two.
So instead of adding another cup of cream we are adding 2% milk and then some sour cream too. Plus I find doing so makes this dish taste all that much more creamier.
And who doesn’t like creamer meals with less calories than the original?
Also we are spicing it up a little by adding in some red chili flakes that really kick this recipe up a notch. And if you ask me it tastes way better than in the restaurant.
This recipe can serve a large family in a short period of time and also does well as leftovers or packaged into meal prep bowls for the weeks lunches ahead. Creamy, and oh so satisfying this is sure to hit the spot if your craving something fancy for dinner tonight.
I like to serve this dish over a bed of large egg noodles, they just go so well with the sauce. Of course you can add just about any type of pasta, so I will leave that up to you.
Just make sure to cook the pasta separately then add the dish on top once everything is cooked. This dish is very satisfying, both as a lunch dish or to serve as main meal. You can prepare this dish with turkey also, however it really tastes that much better with chicken.
Once the chicken has browned and cooked throughout on both sides, remove it and set aside for later. Then in the same frying pan add the crushed garlic and diced sun-dried tomatoes, slimming till fragrant.
Then pour one cup of half and half cream, along with 1 cup of %2 milk, 4 tbsp of sour cream and 3/4 cup of parmesan cheese and stir to combine.
Add in the spinach and simmer till the spinach has wilted then add back in the cooked chicken breasts and simmer on medium low for 5 minutes.
Turn off the heat and allow the sauce to thicken up some before serving over a bed of pasta. If you end up giving this a give it a try, I would love to know how you liked it. Bon Appetit!
Creamy, tasty and great served the next day as leftovers! This recipe was inspired by Alyssa over at The Recipe Critic
Notes: You can always substitute whole milk or use just 2% in replace of the cream if desired.
MEAL PREP IDEA: Make enough to create a few meal preps bowls for the week ahead.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox every Month!
- 3 tbsp Sun-Dried Tomato Oil
- 5 Boneless chicken breasts
- 5 cloves Garlic
- 15-20 Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 1 cup Half and Half cream
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3 tbsp Sour Cream, Full fat
- 4 cups Spinach
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Red Chili Flakes
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Season with salt and pepper
- Start by cooking your pasta, and once it's cooked strain and set aside.
- Next add 2 tbsp of oil from the jar of sun-dried tomatoes into the frying pan and place the salt and pepper seasoned chicken breasts into the hot pan. Saute them on each side till browned, once cooked throughout remove from the pan and set aside for later.
- In the same pan, add the crushed garlic and chopped up sun-dried tomatoes. Simmer on medium to low heat for 2 minutes before adding in all the spices, cream, milk, sour cream and parmesan cheese.
- Next add in the washed spinach, and allow it to wilt before adding back in the cooked chicken.
- Bring the pan to medium - low heat, and simmer everything together uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and allow it to sit off the element to thicken up for at least 5 minutes before serving. Season generously with salt before serving over bed of pasta. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 573Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 175mgSodium: 1545mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 7gSugar: 12gProtein: 64g