This easy to make Shrimp stir fry recipe with rice comes together in less than 30 minutes. Your going to love it!
Shrimp stir fry recipe with rice is one of those healthy weeknight meals that I like to make quiet often.
Looking for another popular shrimp stir fry recipe? Try my Pepper Shrimp it is different as it has Asian flavors.
WHAT GOES WITH SHRIMP STIR FRY
Parboil rice, however you can omit the rice if you are on a keto diet and or use cauliflower rice or quinoa in replace if desired.
For this dish I used parboil rice, i find it works best in comparison to basmati which is better for East Indian type dishes.
IS SHRIMP STRI FRY HEALHY
Yes, prawns are packed full of lean protein then when you add the bell peppers to this dish you then add in plenty of fiber and antioxidants from the vegetables. Not to mention the fresh garlic and spices that make this dish come all together.
WHAT KIND OF SHRIMP FOR STIR FRY
The best kind is unpeeled, raw shrimp. The bigger the better of course!
Now doesn’t this look tasty! The key to this recipe is to not skimp out on the butter and garlic! Oh and of course the lemon pepper seasonings.
These 3 ingredients really help make this dish unique and very tasty! \when do you add prawns to a stir fry
WHEN DO YOU ADD PRAWNS TO STIR FRY
You want to add them in at the very end of cooking. So for this recipe, you will cook the rice first then set aside.
Then cook the vegetables and set aside, then the shrimp which takes less than a few minutes.
Before tossing back in the vegetables and serving all together over rice.
- 10 Large shell on raw shrimps
- 2 cups of parboil rice, cooked
- 1 orange bell pepper cubed
- 1 green bell pepper cubed
- 5 tbsp of butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and minced
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp of lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 lime
- In a large skillet, add in 2 tbsp of butter and the diced peppers and sauté till tender, remove and set aside
- In the same skillet, add 1 tbsp of butter and the minced garlic sauté for till fragrant then toss in the remaining butter and raw shrimp
- Cooking and tossing till pink and near done
- Toss back in the vegetables and all the seasonings and stir fry for a couple mins with the juice of some limes and lemons
- Serve hot over rice
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1355Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 1604mgCarbohydrates: 223gFiber: 14gSugar: 8gProtein: 38g
These calculations are based off Nutritionix