This Salmon with Cheesy Orzo pasta is really satisfying and is super easy to make. Growing up I loved macaroni and cheese, the box stuff.
I know I know, it’s not good for you. So that is why I now make the grown up version = Cheesy Orzo! Pair that with a healthy salmon fillet and you will be in comfort food heaven.
To pull this dish together, we will start by cooking the orzo in a medium saucepan to tenderize it. Then adding some chopped spinach near the end, along with fresh parmesan and jalapeno cheese cheese.
The two cheese really give it a nice texture and flavor, so be sure to use both. You can always substitute the jalapeno cheese for mozzarella if you prefer a more mellow tasting orzo.
Once the orzo is fully cooked, you will remove it and set aside. To finish pan sear each salmon fillet in a little olive oil and some seasonings before serving!
This delicious meal that can be made in under 30 minutes. So follow along Salmon lovers, this recipe is sure to impress. If you end up giving this recipe a try, I would love to know how you liked it. Bon Appetit!
To make the Salmon and Orzo:
If your wanting to accompany this dish with orzo pasta. Then make sure you start by cooking that first, and once it’s cooked set aside.
Notes: Squeeze a little bit of fresh lemon juice over top for a little tang if desired.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! Thank you very much for reading and until next time see you in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox every Month!
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Salmon Fillets
- 1 cup Chopped Spinach
- 1/2 cup Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Jalapeno cheese
- 2 cups Chicken Stock, low sodium
- 1 cup Orzo pasta
- 1 tbsp Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp Parsley
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- In a medium saucepan, add 2 cups of chicken stock. Bring to a rapid boil, then add in the Orzo. Turn down the heat to medium and cover to simmer for 10 minutes, turning regularly.
- Once the liquid is near absorbed, add in the chopped spinach and cheeses.
- Cook till tender with the lid off and season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set.
- For the Salmon:
- Start by cooking the salmon, add 1 tbsp of olive oil into the frying pan.
- Place the salmon in the pan and sprinkle with parsley, garlic powder and salt. Saute the salmon on medium-low heat for 8 minutes on one side, then flip over and saute for another 2 minutes on the other. Till cooked all the way through.
- Drizzle with a little lemon juice and place onto the cheesy orzo.