1 large Fennel Head
1/2 cup Cracker Barrel Old Cheese
3 tbsp Virgin Olive oil
Salt and pepper (to taste)
3 tbsp Fresh Parsely
Once I discovered Roasted Carrots & Green Beans I knew right away I was going to start loving vegetables again. I’m not the type of person to claim to love vegetables, but I know how good they are for you so I find ways to get them into my diet. One way is to add them to my morning shakes, something I have every morning to help fuel my day. However since I started to roast my vegetables, I am now a HUGE fan. If you have never Roasted Fennel then you are going to be shocked at how delicious it is, not to mention fragrant. Fennel wasn’t something I grew up eating or ever came across at the restaurants. So it was another foreign food to me, but since I am in the business of food blogging I’ve made it a goal to cook just about every type of healthy food possible to share with my readers. Well there are some things I will not try, but I’ll just leave it at that. If you’re not a huge vegetable fan, I encourage you to give this recipe a go. It’s now a favorite in our house, and is a nice alternative to the regulars.
In the Kitchen:
To make the Baked Fennel and Cheese:
- Start by washing off your fennel, and then place it on a large cutting board.
- Cut off the stalks and place them in a jar covering the stalks in water “these can be left in your fridge to use in any dishes that call for “celery” try something new.
- Cut the leftover Bulb in half and then in half again, creating four pieces.
- Place in the bottom of your baking dish and drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Grate cheese over top with a fine cheese gator and bake in the oven at 450F for 30 minutes or until tender and slightly browned.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve as a side dish next to your main dish.
Cut off the stalks then half the fennel once, then twice to form four pieces for baking.
Season with olive oil and salt and pepper before grating cheese overtop.
Note: This fennel side dish goes great with almost any fish or chicken dish.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe id love to hear about it! You can post a review, picture below or via Instagram and let me know how it turned out. And by doing so you will be automatically entered into our seasonal CONTEST to win one of our great prizes. Winner will be notified via email within a week after the contest closes. Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!