These Mussels are simmered on the stove top in a Red Wine Tomato sauce and are super simple to make.
I just love seafood and mussels are defiantly one of those favorite seafoods that I love to cook with.
These mussels here are cooked in a basic red wine and tomato sauce that is sure to be a hit with those you love.
MUSSLE RECIPE WITH TOMATO SAUCE
They type of tomato sauce you want to use is something basic and simple.
Think passata sauce, which is basically just stewed tomatoes and is very popular ingredients used in many Italian dishes.
HOW TO COOK MUSSELS RED WINE
You will simply want to cook down the red wine for 1o minutes before adding in the tomatoes for the last 10 then the mussels for the last 5 minutes.
what red wine goes with mussels
WHAT RED WINE GOES WITH MUSSELS
I like to use a dry red wine sauce when cooking mussels.
BEST RED WINE FOR MUSSELS
Any Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, and Merlot are good options.
Serve these mussels with some garlic toast or onto a bed of your favorite pasta.
Oh and don’t forget the fresh lemon it really helps enhance this dish.
PASTAS THAT GOES WELL WITH MUSSELS
- Penne pasta
Other recipes that could be served alongside or after this dish!
- Cajun Garlic Scallop Pasta
- Shrimp Pasta Salad
- Air Fryer Calamari
- Coconut Shrimp Curry
- Brazilian Fish Stew
- Broiled Lobster Tails
- Easy Red Thai Curry with Shrimp and Scallops
- Japanese Seafood Pancake
- Seafood Melody
- 4 pounds mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 1 cup of red wine
- 1 cup of plain tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- Pinch black pepper
- Pinch salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat the oil and butter over a medium heat.
- Add the red wine and simmer covered for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Reduce the heat to a low - medium and add in the tomato sauce and seasonings. Allowing it all to simmer for the remaining 10 minutes covered with the lid slightly off.
- Stir every 5 minutes.
- Toss in the mussels and remove the lid cooking for 5 more minutes.
- Once the mussels have opened simmer one more mixture.
- Discarding any mussels that have not opened as those are bad.
- Serve with fresh parsley as a garnish.
Serve with garlic toast or over a bed of your favorite paste.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1294Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 349mgSodium: 2684mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 146g
These calculations are based off Nutritionix