Are you as BIG of a Red Velvet Fan as me? Well then, you’re in for treat! I’m finally ready to share my family’s favorite recipe for Red Velvet ICE CREAM!!
You cannot find this in stores guys, it only can be made in your kitchen. And your going to want to keep it under wraps, because it will be gone in no time.
Anyone who has ever tasted this ice cream has gone nuts. And rightfully so, it’s the BEST Red Velvet ice cream out there. And I’m so proud to say that I have come up with it.
Because ice cream machines vary between 1 and 2 quarts capacity, I have create this recipe for my 2 quart machine. If your wanting only 1 quart of ice cream, just simply DIVIDE the recipe in half or use a 1 quart machine.
The machine I used is listed below in my amazon picks, it’s the best. If you end up giving it a try I would love to know what you think, let me know in the comments below.
If you’re having a gathering and would like to serve this to your guests, then why not bake an extra “Red Velvet Cake”. Serve each guest with one slice of cake and one scoop of ice cream. Makes about fourteen ½-cup servings.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! You can post a review/picture below or via Instagram and let me know how it turned out. And by doing so you will be automatically entered into our seasonal CONTEST to win one of our great prizes. Winner will be notified via email within a week after the contest closes. Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
FOR THE RED VELVET CAKE
- 1 package Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 2 Eggs
FOR THE ICE CREAM
- 3 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 1/2 cups Whole Milk
- 1 tbsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Corn Syrup
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3 tbsp Red Food Coloring
- 2 tbsp Cocoa powder
FOR THE CREAM CHEESE SWIRL
- 8 oz 1 package Cream Cheese
First let Bake a cake:
- Red Velvet of course, follow the packages instructions. Mine says to add 2 eggs, oil and water. Once its baked, let it cool for a min of 45 mins. Then cut it directly in half and crumbled the one half into a bowl, approx. 2 cups (you will be +adding) this into your ice cream maker once the ice cream has turned for 20 minutes.
ICE CREAM BASE:
- Now let's make the ice cream base, start by adding your heavy cream, milk, corn syrup, sugar, food coloring, cocoa powder and salt to a high powered blender, pulse until smooth. Pour into a large plastic bowl and chill in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours.
- While the red velvet ice cream is chilling, let's prepare that delicious cream cheese mixture. In a food processor add your cream cheese icing, and powdered sugar. MAKE sure the lid is on proper before mixing or it will fly everywhere. Once smooth "light and fluffy", and set aside on the counter so it reaches room temperature.
- Once your ice cream has chilled, pour mixture into your "pre frozen ice cream maker" and process for 20 minutes or according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Then add in your crumbled/cooled Red Velvet cake, slowly and allow this to all turn together till mixed thoroughly for a remaining 5 minutes.
- Now comes the fun part, grab a large plastic container will a lid. You will be using this to freeze your ice cream in after. Once your ice cream has mixed well, allow it to defrost somewhat in the machine before moving on to the next step.
- Now start scooping out the red velvet ice cream with a spatula and pouring into the plastic container. Pour only half your "Red Velvet Ice cream" into the plastic container. Then add in "ALL" of your room temperature cream cheese icing on top (To fill the middle of the container).
- Then top with the remaining "Red Velvet Ice Cream" and freeze for 2 hours before serving. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before scooping.