This No Bake Pistachio Cheesecake is a festive looking and tasting cheesecake that is just perfect for the holidays.
It has a shortbread and graham cracker crust and is filled with pistachio pudding and heavy whipping cream and of course creamcheese.
There really isn’t much to this recipe, just follow the basic steps below and you will have the most amazing pistachio cheesecake to serve your guests.
This Cheesecake will have you and those who get a chance to have a slice wanting more, nice thing is this 8″ inch cake can serve 12 people.
And you won’t have to spend all day in the kitchen baking, because let’s be honest it’s the holidays and time is short.
Since this is a no bake cake, you are going to want to prepare it the day ahead, then allow it to set in the freezer for at least 6 hours prior to serving.
Indie, says make sure you defrost the cheesecake for anywhere from 20 – 30 minutes on the counter prior to slicing and serving. This way you will have a creamy cheesecake, she really likes it creamy. During the defrosting time, you can start to decorate it with the pistachios and pomegranate seeds.
Simply leave the cheesecake in the cheesecake pan on the countertop, and start by placing your seeds all around the outside covering the rims with seeds.
Then crush up the pistachios with a large knife, and sprinkle all over the top. Once the cake is defrosted fully, remove the cheesecake pan and slice to serve.
This frozen cheesecake is just one of those recipes that everyone should have in their freezer around the holiday season. Enjoy!
Everybody loves cheesecake so it’s always a dessert winner.
If you like Pistachios you are going to love the taste of this cheesecake!
Because it’s packed from within and without with Pistachio flavor.
The addition of pomegranate seeds creates the best combination of flavors.
Festive and Classy!
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! You can post a review, picture below or via Instagram and let me know how it turned out. Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
- 225 grams or 1 1/2 boxes Shortbread biscuits
- 1 cup Graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 6 tbsp Butter
- 2 packages Cream Cheese
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 boxes Pistachio pudding
- 1 tbsp Green food coloring
- 1/2 cup chopped Pistachios
- 1/2 cup Fresh Pomegranate seeds
- 1 tsp Green tea, Matcha powder
- Start by making your base/crust, in a large bowl place your crushed shortbread and graham cracker. You can crush them in your food processor or in a large zip lock bag.
- Then add the melted butter and mix this together with a spoon and then use your hands to press it together so it sticks.
- Lightly oil your cheesecake pan and then place your graham cracker crust inside. Press firmly down to create your crust.
- No-bake graham cracker crust: Chill pie crust for at 30 minutes prior to filling. Prior to serving, rub the outside and bottom of the cheesecake pan with a wringed out hot cloth this helps to release the pan from the crust.
- Baked graham crust: Preheat oven to 325°. Bake crust for 10 minutes, cool completely before filling.
- Add 2 packages of cream cheese to a large bowl and with your hand held blender whisk till creamy but do not over whisk.
- In another large bowl add in the %2 milk and cream then empty 2 packages of pistachio pudding and whip till blended smooth, be careful to not over blend.
- Fold in your cream cheese and add 1 tbsp of green food coloring whipping a few more times till blended.
- Pour over your crust slowly and spread out then chill in the freezer anywhere from 6 to 24 hours.
- Topping: Start by removing the pistachios from the shells, and place on a large cutting board. With the side of a large knife crush the pistachios.
- Either use pre packaged frozen pomegranates like I did, just make sure their fully defrosted prior to garnishing or peel a pomegranate yourself.
- Once your cheesecake has chilled fully, remove from the freezer.
- Leave the cheesecake in the cheesecake pan and place the pomegranates around the outer edge, then sprinkle the crushed pistachios all over the top.
- Let the cheesecake defrost for another 10 minutes, then remove the cheesecake pan.
- Set cheesecake on the counter for another 20 minutes and then slice and serve. Enjoy!