3 pounds Pork Ribs
1 cup CattleBoyz bbq sauceor your favorite sauce
1 tbsp Seasoning Salt
1 freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp black pepper
There are a few methods to cooking/preparing ribs, allot of recipes call for marinating them in the fridge prior for 24 hours before you even start the cooking process. Indie says, if your like me you can’t wait that long! She insists that our method of baking them in the oven, does just the same trick. There really is 3 options when it comes to making ribs. You can start by boiling them, baking them (as we are) or simply putting them into your crock pot. Just make sure with either recipe you are removing the skin membrane so that they are not tough as seen in the picture below. All those are all tried methods, but if you’re looking for that Authentic BBQ taste that everyone seems to like so much, then you will want to have them come right off the grill or from the oven.
Following one of our methods below will produce you with AMAZING tasting ribs, that will have your family and friends so impressed. When purchasing your ribs, keep in mind you will want approx 1 pound per person.
To make the ribs:
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Now lay your ribs out on a sheet or board of some kind and remove any excess fat from ribs, this fat will just drain off and is not necessary.
- To ensure your ribs are as tender as possible, peel the thin skin back off the ribs, by using a sharp knife to lift it off the corner then peel back as much as you can get off, this takes a few minutes so be patient.
- Next slice a lemon in half and squeeze both halves all over the ribs.
- Put ribs in a tinfoil lined pan and season with seasoning salt & pepper.
- Place meat side down in the large baking pan and cover with tinfoil. “Shiny side” facing out to distribute the heat property.
- Bake in the oven for 2 hours, once baked remove and drain off any liquid that has accumulated.
- Now you can cover your ribs in your sauce, using a silicone basting brush.
- Marinade: Cover your ribs with your desired amount of BBQ SAUCE, repeat if you desire more sauce.
Finish by following the Grilling method or the Oven Baked method.
Grill: Once cleaned and pre cooked, place your now glazed ribs directly on the grill, turning a few times and re-coat with your sauce twice. Do this for about 10 minutes till done. Oven: Once cleaned and cooked, turn your broiler on and return ribs to oven, uncovered. Broil with the door open so you can watch to make sure there not burning, and broil for 6 minutes on each side. Boil: Once cleaned up, boil your ribs for 45 mins on medium heat, then finish the oven or bbq method.
Note: You can place tinfoil under your grill to prevent it from dripping and causing extra cleanup. Also keep the oven or grill open a gar while broiling once the sauce is put on, this will allow you to keep and eye on them to prevent burning. Lastly, keep in mind that pork bones splinter and are not recommended for dogs.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe id love to hear about it! You can post a review, picture below or via Instagram and let me know how it turned out. And by doing so you will be automatically entered into our seasonal CONTEST to win one of our great prizes. Winner will be notified via email within a week after the contest closes. Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox every Month!