This Mushroom Goat Cheese Ravioli has a fantastic balance of flavors that is not at all overpowering but rather savory.
This type of Ravioli is defiantly for those with a more sophisticate palette.
Let’s face it most of us had our first taste of Ravioli from a can, sorry Chef Boyardee.
You were okay as a kid, but now I have refined my taste and require my Ravioli made the real way.
Be sure to add the goat cheese, because it really blends with the vegetable stock, butter and balsamic vinegar base to create the most delicious taste.
Quite simply it’s a dance of wonderfully balanced flavors in your mouth.
The exact words that came out of my guy’s mouth, was “Absolutely delicious” “Please make it again. Win Win!
So if you are one of those people, who has never tried fresh Ravioli.
Ravioli TABLE for 2!
Then you are in for a surprise, because this ravioli tastes absolutely nothing like the canned kind.
To make this dish all you will need is one large cooking pan, what can be easier than that?
Since ravioli pasta is not starchy at all and cooks well in that creamy vegetable stock.
You can use just about any type of Ravioli, the one I like to use for this recipe can be seen below!
This recipe can be served as a romantic dinner for two or double the recipe and then you can serve a family of four or more.
Doesn’t that look delicious? Go ahead and add some spinach to this dish if desired, that would go really well in here too.
It also is a very versatile dish and really takes no special skills at all to make.
So what are you waiting for? This dish can be on the table in no time at all.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 cups Brown Mushrooms
- 1 Shallot
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 cup Vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Goat Cheese
- 250 grams Ravioli
- 2 tbsp Fresh chopped parsley
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large frying pan add 2 tbsp of butter to melt.
- Add in the sliced mushrooms and 1 chopped shallot and saute till the mushrooms have become fork tender.
- Add in the garlic powder, vegetable stock and balsamic vinegar.
- Simmer on a low heat for 2 minutes before adding in 1 large tbsp of Goat Cheese.
- Allow the cheese to melt fully before adding in the Ravioli and fresh parsley.
- Simmer on a low to medium heat till the Ravioli has fully cooked. *according to the package institutions.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 428 Total Fat: 22g Saturated Fat: 13g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 63mg Sodium: 835mg Carbohydrates: 41g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 9g Protein: 17g