- 1 1/2 cups Black Beans
- 2 cups Jasmine Rice
- 1 cup Sweet Corn
- 3/4 cup Green Chili Sauce
- 2 cups White Cheddar Cheese
- 6 Sweet Peppers
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 2 tbsp Fresh Cilantro
- 1 tbsp Salt
Hello everyone, I’m back with another take on a Mexican flavored dish. These Chessie and hearty stuffed sweet bell peppers are sure to become your family’s new favorite weeknight meal. Amo la comida Mexicana!
You will not, I repeat you will not miss the meat in this meal which is 100% vegetarian. Full of feel good fiber and protein, you and your family are sure to feel fully satisfied after eating this. Each pepper is filled with pre-cooked black beans, jasmine rice, sweet corn, spices and white cheddar cheese.
Do not forget to serve with a good dollop of sour cream this really adds another dimension to the dish, half an avocado per pepper and your favorite hot sauce if desired.
Cooking for two of you tonight then there certainly will be some leftovers. If your wanting to feed more people, simply double up the recipe with our easy to use recipe adjuster above. This recipe is super easy to prepare, all you are doing is a little prep work that takes less than 15 minutes.
To make the Mexican Stuffed Peppers:
Cooking the Black Beans:
- Start by soaking your black beans the night prior in water, then the day of place your black beans into a large pot, and cover them with 3 inches of water along with 1/2 cup of green chili sauce. Season with salt and boil on medium – low till tender. OR
- Place pre cooked canned black beans in a large pot, add 1/2 cup of green chili sauce along with salt and cook on medium to low heat for 5 minutes till the flavor absorbs into the beans.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice. On the stove top or using a rice cooker.
- Once the beans and rice have cooked, merge the rice into the pot with the beans, along with shredded white cheddar cheese and the sweet corn.
- On a cutting board, cut the tops off of 6 Sweet Bell Peppers and rince then clean. Stuff each Bell Pepper with the Black Bean mixture. And once stuffed and a bit more cheese on top and place the lids back on the peppers to bake.
- On a large baking pan, add 3/4 cup of water so the peppers don’t burn and then the stuffed bell peppers. And it also helps to steam them.
- Bake at 400 F for 30 minutes.
- Serve alongside some avocados and garnish with cilantro and sour cream.
Vegetarian never tasted so good!
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! You can post a review, picture below or via Instagram and let me know how it turned out. And by doing so you will be automatically entered into our seasonal CONTEST to win one of our great prizes. Winner will be notified via email within a week after the contest closes. Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
PIN IT FOR LATER