This Mexican Bowl Recipe is made with pork and beans that is stewed together for one hour in some spices, then is served over quinoa or rice and a heaping of homemade guacamole.
Looking for an authentic homemade Guacamole recipe? Try my Mexican Guacamole recipe
ARE MEXICAN BOWLS HEALTHY
Yes, they are packed full of protein and vegetables in most cases and can be served with QUINAO to make it extra healthy if desired which is packed full of nutrience vs plain old white rice.
MEXICAN BOWL SEASONING
My recipes calls for Cumin, red chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder and salt and pepper to taste.
You can also add some adobo sauce to it if you desire.
MEXICAN BOWL RECIPE
Is packed with quinoa, pork and black beans that are seasoned with Mexican spices and broth.
Best Mexican Bowl Recipe
This is the best Mexican bowl recipe because it uses authentic Mexican spices and ingredients. You can add a few more ingredients to this dish if desired such as corn, tomatoes and fresh jalapenos. And even cheese if desired!
WHAT GOES IN A MEXICAN BOWL
You can have just beans such as black beans or pinto or you can have just meat such as pork, chicken or beef. Or have a mix such as I have in this recipe, you can also shred the meat if desired or cube it.
Then you want to cook the protein first and while that is taking place prepare the fresh ingredients on the side to serve all together in a healthy bowl which makes for an excellent meal.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
- 2 boneless pork chops, cubed
- 2 cans of black beans
- 1 1/2 cup of vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups of homemade guacamole
- 3 cups of Quinoa
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Start by dicing up the pork into bite sized pieces, then add 1 tbsp of cooking oil to a pot and the pork.
- Fry till lightly browned, then toss in a can of canned black beans and your spices.
- Simmer for 2 mins before adding in the vegetable stock.
- Cover and simmer on low - medium heat making sure the liquid does not fully evaporated you want some to serve over quinoa or rice.
- Serve over quinoa or rice and sprinkle with fresh cinlatro and home a dollop of guacamole.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 630Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 912mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 19gSugar: 3gProtein: 35g
These calculations are based off Nutritionix