This Maple Bourbon Glazed Ham is a family favourite and is something we like to make often. It can be made in the (slow cooker) or even in the pressure cooker in no time at all.
This Maple Bourbon Glazed Ham can be enjoyed for just about any occasion. Think Christmas, Easter and Thanksgiving.
Ive used a Bourbon Barrel-Aged Organic Maple Syrup for this recipe. Which makes for the most delicious glaze to any type of ham you decide to cook.
HOW TO MAKE A MAPLE BOURBON GLAZE
- I like to use a specific maple syrup for this ham. It comes from Maple Lifestyle a company based out of eastern Canada. It is their “Royal Bourbon Maple Syrup” and has notes of caramel, toffee and vanilla. Which gives a depth of flavor to this ham that is amazing!
- I will mix it with brown sugar, orange juice, pumpkin pie spice, thyme, pepper and salt.
You can buy this Bourbon Syrup right from the Maple Lifestyle website!
Or you can find a link to it in the recipe card below, where it is also sold on Amazon.
MAPLEY SYRUP SUBSITUTE
You can use real honey instead if desired.
Pressed for time? You can also prepare this in the pressure cooker in half the time.
I will leave that up to you, as both methods work well.
All you will need to make this simple dish is a pre – cooked ham that is either cured, smoked or baked.
You can also buy a fresh ham. But keep in mind you will want to cook a fresh ham longer than the pre cooked varieties.
HOW TO REHEAT LEFTOVER HAM
Left over ham is the bomb! It can be put into sandwiches the next day for the kids and or can be re heated in no time.
HOW DO YOU MAKE CROCK POT HAM
The first step is to choose your ham size. For the holidays I will go with a 5- 7 pound ham. And if i’m making a simple weeknight meal I will go with a 3-4 pound ham.
I like to buy a pre cooked smoked ham most times. However, I will buy a raw ham once a year around the Christmas holidays.
- Start by making the marinade, by adding the brown sugar, maple syrup, orange juice, pumpkin spice and other seasonings to a large bowl.
- Whisk everything together and set aside.
- Meanwhile, make slices in the ham. From length to tip and cross over again to ensure that the flavors submerge the ham.
- Place the ham in the marinade and pour the sauce into the slices.
- Marinade in the fridge for 30 minutes, then place in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low heat anywhere from 2- 3 hours or high heat 1-2.
- Be sure to check to make sure your ham is heated through.
- If your cooking a raw ham, be sure to insert a thermometer into the thickest part of the ham. Your thermometer should read at least 140 degrees F before slicing to serve.
- Also don’t forget to pour over the glaze from the slow cooker overtop of the ham prior to serving!
- You can thicken it up, by heating it up for a couple minutes once the ham has been removed if desired!
If your wanting to feed more people, simply MAKE a large ham ~ and double the ingredients.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPES THAT USE MAPLE SYRUP?
Be sure to try these tasty recipes below!
- Pork Chops with maple syrup and apples
- Canadian Maple Butter
- Easy Maple Soy Glazed Salmon
- Instant Pot Honey Glazed Carrots
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this, I want to see! Follow Canadian Cooking Adventures Instagram, snap a photo, and tag and hashtag it with @canadiancookingadventures and #canadiancookingadventures.
Stay connected and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram for all of my latest recipes!
3-ingredient Ham Glaze
A Christmas, Thanksgiving or Easter favorite!
- 8-10 pound (4-5 kg) bone-in fully cooked ham,
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 jar of HP Pinnacle Sauce
- 1 Jar of HP Sweet Chili Sauce
- Start by making the marinade,
- Simply rince the ham off and place into a large baking dish
- Mix the marinade and coat the ham with it, leaving 25% of the marinade for the last 10 or 15 minutes of cooking.
- Pre heat the oven to 400 f and once the oven is pre heated.
- Place the ham face down on the pan and cook for 2 hours
- During the last 15 minutes of cooking, glaze the ham once more and turn upright.
- Remove and slice before serving!
If you are using regular maple syrup then add 1/4 cup of that along with 1/4 cup of bourbon.
Want to feed more people? Simply cook a larger ham and double the ingredients.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Bourbon Barrel-Aged Organic Maple Syrup -375 ml
Cuisinart C55-12PCKSAM 12 Piece Color Knife Set with Blade Guards (6 knives and 6 knife covers), Jewel - Amazon Exclusive
Gorilla Grip Original Oversized Cutting Board, 3 Piece, BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen, Set of 3, Black
Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus 9-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Grain Maker, Steamer, Saute, Yogurt Maker, Sous Vide, Bake, and Warmer, 6 Quart, Easy-Seal Lid, 10 Programs
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 103Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 684mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 15g
These calculations are based off Nutritionix