For the Coleslaw
- 14 oz bag Cabbageor 6 cups of cabbage shredded with carrots
- 1 cup Carrots*shredded or buy a bag of cabbage with carrots
For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup Hellmans mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Djion Mustard* optional regualr dijion
- 1 tsp Horseradish
- 1/4 cup Apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp Celery Salt
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Salt n Pepper to taste
If you’re anything like me, you prefer your coleslaw light. Not to say I don’t like those creamy coleslaw at all, cause I do. I just have to make it myself, because I find the store bought variety is way to sweet. There are a few ways to make coleslaw as you know, and this is one of my favorite varieties. If your looking for a more sweet and creamy coleslaw, then check out my Creamy Coleslaw Salad recipe. This recipe here is very similar to my Creamy coleslaw recipe, however has half the mayo with the addition of a little Horseradish, and Whole Grain Dijon Mustard . These extra two ingredients alone give a bit of ‘kick’ to the regular creamy type coleslaw salad. Coleslaw makes the perfect accompaniment to a meal or can be eaten as is. In summer when I have fresh herbs in the garden, I like to add just a tiny bit of chopped parsley or chives too.
To make the Coleslaw:
- For the Coleslaw: In a large bowl, combine cabbage and carrots (or empty your bag of cabbage carrot mixture into the bowl).
- For the Dressing: In a smaller bowl, make the dressing by combining your mayonnaise, horseradish, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, celery salt, sugar, salt and pepper to taste.
- Slowly add the dressing into cabbage mixture until you have the desired amount, taste as you go. Let this chill in the fridge up to one hour to let the dressing marinate.
Note: You may need less dressing, depending on how much cabbage your using. Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed. The key is to let it marinate in the fridge for a few hours BEFORE serving, this lets the slaw set. Serve along side any summer dish and or double the recipe and make for a crowd.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe id love to hear about it! You can post a review and or picture below. And by doing so you will be automatically entered into our seasonal CONTEST to win one of our great prizes. Winner will be notified via email within a week after the contest closes. Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!