4 pounds Whole Chicken
2 tbsp Butter
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 cup Chicken Stock
1 head Garlichalf minced
2 tbsp Grated Lemon Zest
2 sprigs Fresh Rosemary
1/2 tsp Lemon Seasoning
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp Oregano
This simple Lemon Rosemary Baked Chicken is absolutely mouthwatering and is up there on my list of favorite chicken recipes.
Flavoured with just four simple ingredients of lemon, butter, rosemary and garlic. Oh and of course some great seasonings that make for a memorable meal.
I tend to pick up 2 roasting chickens everytime I go do a big shop, and when I do this is one of my go to recipes. Because it goes well with everything and is pretty darn healthy too!
This bird can be served in under 45 minutes with most of the time spend on baking in the oven. Crispy, moist and succulent is how I would describe it.
Feel free to add some potatoes and carrots around the bird it if desired or serve that separate on the side. If your wanting to feed more than 3 people then you can bake two birds, totally up to you just make sure to set your oven to conventional bake in that case.
Oh and don’t forget to keep the carcass/bones to make a chicken stock with and some homemade chicken noodle soup. Can it get better than this?
Note: It’s very important to preheat your oven prior to cooking the bird, this ensures even cooking.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! You can post a review, picture below or via Instagram and let me know how it turned out. And by doing so you will be automatically entered into our seasonal CONTEST to win one of our great prizes. Winner will be notified via email within a week after the contest closes. Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox every Month!
BAKED LEMON AND GARLIC CHICKEN
- 4 pounds Whole Chicken
- 1 Lemon
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 1 head Garlic
- 2 tbsp Grated Lemon Zest
- 2 sprigs Fresh Rosemary
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- Start by rinsing your chicken and placing on a cutting board to pat completely dry.
- On another cutting board, mince 5 cloves of the garlic and grate 2 tbsp of lemon rind and place into a bowl along with the melted butter, lemon juice, leaves from one rosemary stem, lemon seasoning and pepper then stir to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 425 f. > Meanwhile, in a large baking dish place the chicken and brush all over with the garlic/butter/lemon mixture and then place the last rosemary on top "breast side up". Stuff the bird with 1 lemon wedge and three clove of garlic. Before carefully pouring 1 cup of chicken stock around the bird "not on top" bake on the middle rack. Allow the bird to bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and turn over so that the breast side is now facing down. Based the chicken with the juice from around the dish. Put back in the oven and bake another 15 minutes till lightly browned or until internal temperatures reaches 375 degrees fahrenheit.
- Remove the bird and allow it to rest before carving, serve alongside rice, potatoes and your favorite vegetable. Enjoy!
PIN IT FOR LATER