This Lamb and Chickpea Recipe combines the flavors of Lamb and Chickpea curries all into one dish.
Serve this with Basmati rice or Garlic Naan Bread
This dish is the perfect mix of a traditional lamb curry and chickpea curry made together into this delicious dish that your sure to enjoy!
IS LAMB CURRY SPICY
Yes, it has chili in it and other curry spices.
Wanting to try some more delicious curry recipes?
SPICE MIXES I USED FOR THIS RECIPE CAN BE FOUND ON AMAZON
I’m thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! Thank you and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
- 500 grams of lamb meat cubed
- 1 cans of chickpeas
- 6 tbsp of butter or ghee
- 3 tbsp of cooking oil
- 2 cups of beef, chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp of meat masala seasoning mix
- 2 tbsp chana masala seasoning mix
- Start by cooking your lamb
- In a large skillet add 5 tbsp ghee or butter and sauté the lamb till slightly browned.
- Meanwhile, mince the garlic and ginger
- Add in the minced ginger and garlic
- Then in a medium pot add 3 tbsp of cooking oil along with all the spices and sauté over medium heat till fragrant.
- Add in the minced garlic and ginger and tomato paste heat for 5 mins.
- Add in 2 cups of stock of your choosing and the sautéed lamb.
- Add in the canned of strained chickpeas and another 1 tbsp of butter.
- Mix well to combine and simmer covered all together over medium - low heat for 45 minutes till tender.
- Serve with naan bread or basmati rice
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 904Total Fat: 67gSaturated Fat: 28gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 34gCholesterol: 225mgSodium: 652mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 5gSugar: 8gProtein: 51g
These calculations are based off Nutritionix