These Korean Beef Short Ribs are tender and sweet. And can be made in a dutch oven in under 30 minutes.
Serve over a bed of rice and alongside your favorite vegetable to make this a complete meal.
HOW TO COOK KOREAN BEEF SHORT RIBS
You will want one pot, one cutting board, knife and cooking spoon.
Along with beef short ribs, this recipe is super easy to make and is a cherished recipe across Korea.
WHAT IS KOREAN BEEF SHORT RIB
Korean short ribs can be found in almost any large super market. The cut of beef is also known as “flank” which is a thin strip of meat.
I love to serve these beef short ribs along side basmati rice.
Because there is a broth that really works well over top the rice.
Most likely, you will be looking for a side dish to serve alongside this dish as well.
So, I have linked a few of my most popular side dish recipes at the bottom of this post for you to check out!
Korean Beef Short Ribs Recipe Marinade
- Consists of Soya Sauce, Brown Sugar, Garlic Powder, Ginger powder, Pepper, Sesame Oil.
How to make Korean Beef Short Ribs
- Start by making the marinade.
- Once that is done, cut the ribs into pieces
- Place the ribs in the marinade and place covered in the fridge anywhere from 1 hours to 8
- Once your ready to cook, start by dicing a large onion
- Place sesame oil in a pot and add the onion, saute till lightly browned.
- Remove the onions and set aside
- Toss in the beef short ribs and marinade into the pot
- Cover the pot with a lid and simmer on medium heat for 15 minutes
- Remove the lid, stir and toss back in the onions
- Simmer for the remaining 15 minutes on medium heat and serve alongside basmati rice.
How to Slow Cook Korean Beef Short Ribs
These beef ribs can also be made in the slow cooker, just make sure you are simmering the onions first then adding it all to the slow cooker to cook for 8 hours to 10.
Below you will find some side dish recipes that would go so well with these “Pork Chops” ?
- Salt & cracked pepper Asparagus
- Creamy cheese mashed potatoes
- Sauteed Red Cabbage
- Green beans with bacon and parmesan cheese
- Rosemary Garlic Roasted Mini Potatoes
Note: These chops can be done on the grill as well, they just won’t be as juicy. Also before serving make sure the internal temperature reaches 145 °F before consuming.
★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ★
- 4 Beef Short Ribs
- 1/2 cup Cooking oil
- 4 Large Beefsteak Tomatoes
- 2 Red Bell Peppers
- 1 Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp of curry powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 Maggi cube
- 1 Scotch bonnet pepper, minced
- 1 beef Maggi Cube
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by seasoning the meat with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Your gonna wanna start by creating this amazing tomatoes sauce that the short ribs will cook in.
- In order to do that place the fresh tomatoes, cooking oil, onion, garlic and red bell peppers and spices in the blender.
- Blending everything till smooth and creamy
- Then once that is done, you will pour that mixture into a large baking dish and add in all your spices.
- Stir the spices to blend well.
- Then put in your seasoned short ribs.
- Pre heat the oven to 400f then turn it down to 375f and allow the short ribs to cook for 60 minutes till done.
- Serve over a bed of your favorite rice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 802Total Fat: 57gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 41gCholesterol: 147mgSodium: 723mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 7gSugar: 13gProtein: 46g
These calculations are based off Nutritionix