This JERK SHRIMP RASTA PASTA is creamy and packed full of flavor from the Jerk Marinade and sweet notes from coconut milk along with red and yellow peppers.
I made this recipe with spaghetti pasta, however you can use just about any type of pasta you prefer. Such as penne, rotini, macaroni etc.
A recipe worth keeping and enjoying evetime your craving spice with your pasta.
WHAT IS RASTA PASTA
It is a Jamaican inspired pasta dish that has the 3 colors peppers in it. Which is inspired my the Rasta colors of red, yellow and green the colors of the Rastafarian movement.
WHAT IS JERK SHRIMP PASTA
Rasta pasta is creamy pasta tossed with Caribbean style jerk shrimp, along with sauteed bell peppers. This dish is so full of flavor, and makes a great weeknight dinner that can be made in just half an hour! Looking for an GREAT Jerk Sauce recipe < click here.
HOW TO MAKE RASTA PASTA
This dish has the perfect combination of Caribbean flavors. Which come from the Jerked Shrimp and the Coconut infused sauce that is served with this pasta dish.
JERK SHRIMP PASTA INGREDIENTS
- Jerked Shrimp
- 3 different bell peppers
- Cream or Milk
- Powdered Coconut Milk
- Salt to taste
You can always use just canned coconut milk in replace of the milk & powdered coconut milk if preferred.
If you love pasta and Caribbean food. Then you are in for a treat with this dish as it is the perfect mix between the both foods.
I’m so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe I’d love to hear about it! Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
- 10 large shrimp with the shell on or off
- 3/4 cup of Jerk Sauce Marinade
- 200 grams of pasta
- 1/2 green pepper. sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 orange pepper, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 cups of cream or whole milk
- 1 package of Grace powdered Coconut powder
- Salt to taste
- To make this dish you will want to start by marinated your shrimp in Jamaican Jerk sauce overnight if possible. However you omit that and cook it in the sauce that very day if you prefer.
- Keep in mind the more marinated you use the hotter this dish will be. I like my shrimp really Jerked so as you see I use allot of marinate.
- Then simply sauté the shrimp till cooked then remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile in another cooking pot, boil the pasta and cook till al dente then remove strain and set aside
- In a pot heat some butter and sauté the garlic and sliced peppers = vegetables for a few minutes before adding in the heavy cream and coconut powder.
- Simmer on low=medium heat till the peppers are soft
- Toss back in the cooked shrimp and strained pasta
- Bring to a low simmer for a few mins then serve hot.
You can use any type of pasta
You can use canned coconut milk vs the cream and powdered milk if desired
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1566Total Fat: 114gSaturated Fat: 62gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 45gCholesterol: 289mgSodium: 3742mgCarbohydrates: 108gFiber: 10gSugar: 44gProtein: 32g
These calculations are based off Nutritionix